real time web analytics
Report - - L.E. Sansom's Cash & Carry - Leicester [Apr 2017] | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - L.E. Sansom's Cash & Carry - Leicester [Apr 2017]

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

elhomer12

Maglite size T-rex, It's time for urbex!
28DL Full Member
So here goes another one of my #filmisnotdead reports... because why not? To be fair if I hadn't shot it on film I wouldn't even bother posting it... Anyway....

There's really not a lot of history available on this place, but the company appears to have ceased trading about 3-4 years ago. Since then the building/warehouse had been offered for rent, however in July 2016 it was rather extensively damaged by fire and has remained derelict since.
Here's a rather cheesy description of the company from another report:

“L.E. Sansom’s Cash & Carry is a leader in the food and drink listings. We develop strong relationships with the best local suppliers in countries around the world, which means that you can buy food or drink that is made in your region with care integrity and pride. From top to bottom our supplies know their stuff, so if you need help choosing a great beer or a spanking-fresh piece of fish, just ask by contacting one of our many food and drink listings.
If you are specifically looking or a confectionery & sweets – manufacture, wholesale, retail in or near Leicester, you should get hold of L.E. Sansom’s Cash & Carry LTD today and discuss your confectionery & sweets manufacture, wholesale, retail requirements safe in the knowledge you are dealing with experts."

Visited with @Punk and @Urban_Tomb_Raider on a friday afternoon wandering around the city
Shot on my Nikon FE

NqoZQzK.jpg

krgKCPk.jpg

From upstairs you can see the extent of damage to this section of the building

hoAReiG.jpg

4mslvon.jpg

6Ohog4y.jpg

0mIWOZm.jpg

GVKzRH4.jpg

The opposite side of the building remains virtually untouched

aMEz8uB.jpg

hBDEMAo.jpg

8YStCEV.jpg

WPdVe4R.jpg

z9FQN91.jpg

EOA

Exploring with Bob
28DL Full Member
Nicely done chap. Cracking snaps as usual. Are you developing your own film when you take them?

elhomer12

Maglite size T-rex, It's time for urbex!
28DL Full Member
Nicely done chap. Cracking snaps as usual. Are you developing your own film when you take them?

I'm not developing myself yet mate but maybe something for the future :thumb At the minute, for the amount I use film its really not worth the investment in chemicals, never mind the hassle scanning etc... I'll mostly just shoot whatever cheap C-41 I can get my hands on and use one of those mail-in companies that list on ebay for the dev :cool: