real time web analytics
Report - - La Porte Fullers Earthworks - Redhill/Surrey - Feb 18 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - La Porte Fullers Earthworks - Redhill/Surrey - Feb 18

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

pigeonboy

Be gentle
28DL Full Member
hn2PahI.jpg

La Porte Fullers Earthworks
Although being covered heavily over the years, having not seen visit on the site in over half a year i thought it would be worth and update.
With demolition teams and security presence being higher than ever, the inevitable demolition of this deathtrap is going to happen in the coming months.
The plan is supposedly to use high power explosives at the base, rather than dismantle it from the top down, this is going to come crashing down.
Brief History
Fullers was bought by La Porte Industries in 1954. The site closed in 1997 and is now owned by Biffa who operate at the landfill next-door.
Fullers earth was a type of rich clay that was used for absorbents for oil, grease, and animal waste (cat litter) and as a carrier for pesticides and fertilizers. Minor uses include filtering, clarifying, and decolorizing; active and inactive ingredient in beauty products; and as a filler in paint, plaster, adhesives, and pharmaceuticals.

There are also some nearby admin buildings that have decayed beautifully, here's a report for those interested
Admin & Social - July 17

Photos
This report will be picture heavy as it is the first large scale site i ever visited and what got me into exploring, it means a lot to me, and as it'll be going to be gone soon, i wanted to provide an insightful 'last look'

6wA9jys.jpg

nxKa14K.jpg

PFDneuv.jpg

vDnKW6m.jpg

lOvr0s2.jpg

aoMBHf2.jpg

n6PmOH2.jpg

FmvdgZu.jpg

1bnv9SZ.jpg

vjprbWt.jpg

J7d9bSr.jpg

OeN5fkr.jpg

yvnTDsG.jpg

ETGZZs9.jpg

7KS1Tds.jpg

1ucShqd.jpg

OkUJm9S.jpg

lE0zOL4.jpg

kFVCkiK.jpg

ojMQX5V.jpg

IhWF895.jpg

LX919lZ.jpg

ZXOTa2b.jpg

Jo4SPNd.jpg

25oRVuc.jpg

dtKGF2x.jpg

0vnyS1e.jpg

Hope you enjoyed :thumb

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Nice to see it again mate,getting up top was sketchy 4/5 years ago so i dread to think how much more metal work has fallen down since..nicely done!

pigeonboy

Be gentle
28DL Full Member
Nice to see it again mate,getting up top was sketchy 4/5 years ago so i dread to think how much more metal work has fallen down since..nicely done!
Theres loads of gaps and dented steps now, if you dont watch your step you could easily fall :eek: and thanks

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
the gap in one of your pics was like that when my mate managed to get me up there and across it,such fun when you don't like heights,or more to the point sudden drops

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
The local deathtrap derp. Everytime I re-visit here I am always surprised how its still here after all these years.
Is it actually going to be demolished soon, heard anything?

pigeonboy

Be gentle
28DL Full Member
The local deathtrap derp. Everytime I re-visit here I am always surprised how its still here after all these years.
Is it actually going to be demolished soon, heard anything?
This mustv been my 6th or 7th visit, as you know i am in redhill alot, the local chavs tell me they see demolition trucks and security a couple times a week, although in no pattern. And a friend of mine spoke to demo staff while attempting to visit recently, not long now supposedly

anonurbex

Call me William Blake
28DL Full Member
Nice report :) I love that place. Planning to head back pretty soon and by the sound of it it could be now or never...

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Sad to hear it may be meeting it's end very soon as I have a real soft spot for it, being my 3rd ever explore on my first ever weekend of exploring nearly a decade ago - back when it was almost totally intact and there were only two tags in the whole processing factory!

pigeonboy

Be gentle
28DL Full Member
Sad to hear it may be meeting it's end very soon as I have a real soft spot for it, being my 3rd ever explore on my first ever weekend of exploring nearly a decade ago - back when it was almost totally intact and there were only two tags in the whole processing factory!
That would be absolutely amazing to see, its deteriorated so much in the past 9 months let alone 10 years. It is a shame but its about time it was removed now, it really is unsafe

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
That would be absolutely amazing to see, its deteriorated so much in the past 9 months let alone 10 years. It is a shame but its about time it was removed now, it really is unsafe

Excuse the crap photos taken on my old point-n-shoot camera but this is how it looked in June 2009. Back then the old labs building was still standing (albeit with no slates on the roof), the social club was already burnt out but the actual processing area was almost totally intact.

3631821257_6b4508929a_b.jpg

3632676674_0c8f248b18_b.jpg

3632686530_38931c3241_b.jpg

3632696018_4c58454d29_b.jpg

3632699984_5bab3954dc_b.jpg

3632704404_20bbf4e861_b.jpg

3632629566_3f27ba8d31_b.jpg

Apologies for hijacking the thread! I think my last visit here was about seven years ago now shortly before it started to go massively downhill.

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
It's changed so much. I never got to see those buildings before they got flattened. although they look well ruined even then.
Are there any photos of the place just after it became disused, 1991 wasn't it?

pigeonboy

Be gentle
28DL Full Member
Apologies for hijacking the thread! I think my last visit here was about seven years ago now shortly before it started to go massively downhill.

Dont apologise! I love seeing how sites used to be, i had no idea it all used to be sheltered, really is insane how its fallen apart