real time web analytics
Report - - lady bower plug hole , derbyshire , 31.7. 2016 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - lady bower plug hole , derbyshire , 31.7. 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This is an old explore from a sunday morning that was done before i was a member on here that due to lockdown im going to share , remember going out on motorbike and getting there for 7.00 am thinking im early there wont be anybody else around only to discover joggers ,dog walkers and fisherman were already there ! explored only the first plug hole was on my own but managed to get in without being seen have always wondered about these remember my dad bringing me out as a kid when the water was going over the top and the sound of it crashing down frightened me :D fast forward a few decades and i was looking up the them and showing my dad the pics !

at the bottom of the ladder

looking toward the entrance

bends around here

you can see the end of the pipe bending up and light coming in

blue bricks form the shaft its only stone what you can see from up top

going back out

looking towards the entrance

last 2 pics showing cave like limestone deposits from a weep in the pipe,the ladybower was finished in 1943 but took 2 years to fill up so thats come about in roughly 71 years thanks for watching :thumb

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Love it, but 7 am and ALREADY people out and about. At that time on a sunday morning, I'd need at least two coffees just to get me moving, let alone be already up and out!

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Love it, but 7 am and ALREADY people out and about. At that time on a sunday morning, I'd need at least two coffees just to get me moving, let alone be already up and out!
ha ha yes it was a surprise obviously more tea totalers out there than you think :p

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hahah, yes, but in all seriousness this structure is interesting. Be epic to see it in full flood conditions.

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
have only seen it from up top when water is pouring down and its impressive plenty of photos and vids online its the noise as much as anything thats awe inspiring

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is on my bucketlist, would indeed love to witness the spectacle. Think Pat dickinson (not sure if the name is right) had a video of it on youtube.