real time web analytics
Report - - Lallians Flour Mill Birmingham 04/05/2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lallians Flour Mill Birmingham 04/05/2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

EVUL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Lallians Flour Mill Birmingham May 2011

Here's my first report done today with GhOsT , many thanks mate for joining me :thumb

History pinched from GhOsT too

It is not clear exactly when the building was originally built, and this is complicated by a renumbering of the street around 1880. Next door to it was a flour dealer in 1873, but there is no mention in the directory of anyone at the site. In 1876 the site was occupied by a "beer retailer"(John Reeve) and a brass founder. I suspect the building now there had not been built. In 1890 a company was formed to take over the brewery of John Hutton (who presumably built the brewery) and carried on till 1891 still calling themselves Huttons brewery. They went bust in 1891, but started up again in 1894 after combining with an Oldbury brewery. , calling themselves the City Brewery. they were listed in the directories of 1896 as that. By 1899 they'd gone bust again. In 1912 another "beer retailer" (William Webb) and a metal manufacturer were there, and by 1921 Willaim webb was still there , but there were 3 other firms also on the site.

Really enjoyed doing my first visit , glad i got out there .

Here's me pics

LalliansMill43.jpg

LalliansMill36.jpg

LalliansMill47.jpg

LalliansMill51.jpg

LalliansMill52.jpg

LalliansMill17.jpg

LalliansMill18.jpg

LalliansMill24.jpg

LalliansMill31.jpg

LalliansMill6.jpg

LalliansMill69.jpg