real time web analytics
Report - - Latchmere prison kingston,dec 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Latchmere prison kingston,dec 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

roaming7765

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi had to visit this place after seeing bill1991s post myself and a non member decided to give it a go.done a night reccy only took a few shots but decided to give it a go early next morning and let it get light whilst in there well that was the plan after about two hours secca decided to go inside so its now or never a quick dash and were in other than that we got around unhindered not really much left in the way of equipment but a good few hours exploring none the less. anyways heres a bit off history

Built in the 19th century, Latchmere was used as a hospital treating shell-shocked officers during World War I, but gained lasting notoriety in the 1939-45 conflict.then known as Camp 020, it was used as an interrogation centre for captured German agents.The site was not listed by the Red Cross, and the Geneva Convention did not apply to inmates because they were not classed as prisoners of war – an early echo of the CIA’s alleged ‘black sites’ today, perhaps.However, monocled camp commandant Lt Col Robin ‘Tin Eye’ Stephens took a tough line against torture, believing it was not only immoral, but also produced less valuable intelligence.

The prison service took over the site in 1948, and it was used as a junior and senior detention centre, a young offenders’ institution and an immigration centre, before becoming a resettlement prison in 1991.

The plan was for inmates near the end of their sentences to be released for a number of hours at weekends to rebuild family ties, and then allowed to go to work daily – part of the effort to reduce reoffending rates.

Unsurprisingly, the plan for an open prison caused some anxiety among Latchmere’s neighbours, but in the two decades since, it has caused few problems in the north Kingston and Ham community.

On July 13 2011,Justice Secretary Kenneth Clarke dropped his bombshell – Latchmere House would be closed with just two months notice, despite his stated support for prisoner rehabilitation.

Latchmere House was sold by the Ministry of Justice to berkeley homes in 2013. The building constitutes prime real estate overlooking Ham Common,and is expected to be redeveloped as housing with community facilities.

This work is now well under way so if you fancy a look around id say be quick. hope you enjoy the pics

IMG_2069.gif

View attachment 663919

View attachment 663920

View attachment 663921

View attachment 663922

View attachment 663923

View attachment 663924

View attachment 663925

View attachment 663926

View attachment 663927

View attachment 663928

View attachment 663929

Last edited:

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Seriously, visit the place again and have another look. Things do change, access can always change. Get a few reports up and you might get a better response, but access frequently changes so more often than not you do have to work it out for yourself.

professor frink

Reppin Bumbaclaat
28DL Full Member
i've just been there and it was almost impossible to get in any advice?

1000's of inmates all had a similar problem but it was getting out that was the problem!

It's not impossible to get into, how do you reckon the demo guys get in?

BenSewell

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Seriously, visit the place again and have another look. Things do change, access can always change. Get a few reports up and you might get a better response, but access frequently changes so more often than not you do have to work it out for yourself.
1000's of inmates all had a similar problem but it was getting out that was the problem!

It's not impossible to get into, how do you reckon the demo guys get in?

they have a key to the gates. theyre my only problem if i can get past them i can get into to the prison im just abit stuck on how to get past the gate. :/