real time web analytics
Report - - Law Hospital, Lanarkshire 16/2/08 - 5/6/08 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Law Hospital, Lanarkshire 16/2/08 - 5/6/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

M

MissDuke

Firstly the reason for the long date span is that since January 2008 I have been researching and using Law Hospital as part of my final year degree show, producing a piece of site specific video art.

Luckily I was granted acess to the site from the NHS which meant there was no sneaking around, I was able to spend unlimited amounts of time in and around the buildings and i was able to trail cast and crew around, as well as moving beds and other equipment where necessary.

I have put in photos of my original trips to the site followed by the final edited film. I must admit watching back some of the 8 hours worth of film footage was quite eearie as, in a hollywood horror sort of way, I was always watching out for something moving, which wasn't meant too :crazy

Ok the history bit:
Opened in 1939 as an emergency services hospital, at one point housing injured prisoners of war, and used during the TB outbreak, the pre-fabricated bungalows which form Law Hospital were only meant to be in use for a maximum of 10 – 15 years. Sixty-two years after its opening Law Hospital finally closed its doors and services transferred to the new Wishaw General Hospital. Throughout its history Law has seem a remarkable number of patients and since, both the inception and ever changing face of the NHS.

P6240273resize.jpg

P6240272resize.jpg

P6240277resize.jpg

P6240278resize.jpg

P6240282resize.jpg

P6240298resize.jpg

And what the film is about:
As the shadowy silhouette of a lonely girl wanders toward the camera the viewer is transported into the eyes of death, they may see what he sees and what so many locals have spoken of and feared, the ghosts which remain behind in the abandoned buildings of Law hospital.

Through the film the viewer is invited to explore the forgotten rooms of Law Hospital. As the ghosts slowly fade and the doors close again, is this all for Law Hospital, another building left to fall apart before it’s replaced by more indifferent and indistinguishable new build homes.

A Small Piece of Truth
I do not carry a sickle or scythe.
I only wear a hooded black robe when it’s cold.
And I don’t have those skull-like
Facial features you seem to enjoy
Pinning on me from a distance. You
Want to know what I truly look like?
I’ll help you out. Find yourself
a mirror while I continue.

Follow the link :popcorn:

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details