real time web analytics
Report - - Leicester Bus Depot Administration Building | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Leicester Bus Depot Administration Building

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This beautiful 1930's building has been a big talking point among the leicester explorers for a while. I never really intended to enter as it was well camera'd up but you know how these things are, something catches your eye and before you know it you've stumbled into the place!

The building is lavishly decorated and is very of it's time. It can boast plaster ceilings, mosaic floors, brass banisters and walnut fixtures. Sadly the basements have been flooded at some point, which has wharped the floor to crazy angles, but also destroyed all the documents stored down there.

I had been upstairs for about a min when things turned nasty. I had been hearing a beep for a while but I assumed it was a smoke alarm whit low batteries. The beep soon became frequent and before I knew it a bellowing voice was saying "If you are authorised to be here, insert your code now, if you are not authorised, the police have been called and will arive shortly"!:eek:

Bit of a panic but I found my way out and made a hasty exit from the site!! Pity as when I was running around looking for my exit I noticed some wood panelled rooms which looked lovely... perhaps another day!

Back in the day...

bd_old1.jpg

DSC_0124-1.jpg

DSC_0129-1.jpg

DSC_0138-2.jpg

DSC_0139-1.jpg

DSC_0140-3.jpg

DSC_0143-1.jpg

DSC_0155-1.jpg

DSC_0160-2.jpg

DSC_0166-1.jpg

DSC_0167-4.jpg