real time web analytics
Report - - Leicester Group Explore 08/07/07 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Leicester Group Explore 08/07/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Goldie87

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well the evening began with us having to shelter in waynezbitz1's van from the thunder, lightning, rain and hail storm going on outside. We were relieved when it stopped and we quickly set off, only to get round the corner and find our route was now under many feet of water. After a long diversion we were at the first explore, the united shoe machinery site. Was a good explore in all, but unfortunately someone has set a fire since our last visit and part of the ground floor is a bit flooded. Also there was a lot of new graffiti. Found part of a Leicester Mercury dated 1961 which was nice.

us15.jpg

Entrance Porch

us17.jpg

Tank in the yard

us16.jpg

Rather rusty radiator

us14-1.jpg

Sink

us19.jpg

Wolsey Factory across the canal

us21.jpg

On the roof of the factory

us20.jpg

Space centre and wolsey through a window

us22.jpg

Old Leicester Mercury

The next explore was the All Saints Brewery, where we found a basement that we had missed on our previous explore here. The part of the complex where we found this is probably the most fascinating. It's like everyone just left one day in the 80's and never returned, the only thing thats missing is the machinery. Theres loads of boxes of roos trainers dated 1986 all over the place, and hundreds of boxes of yarn everywhere, some of which had notes dated 1986 in them. There is also a rather ancient looking computer, microwave and fridge in there to add to the 80's theme.

hs25.jpg

Newly discovered basement, we were probably the first people to go down here since the 80's, the stairs had disintegrated!

hs24.jpg

Air shaft thingy

hs23.jpg

Old Yarn Trolley

Cheers to everyone who came along: Termin8tor, Mr Sam, Waynezbitz1, and UNAUTHORIZED ENTRY

More pics to follow...

Last edited:

Mr Sam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: REPORT: Leicester Group Explore 08/07/07

so then ill give a brief description of my evning

meet waynebitz1 follow into leicester as we look into the old bus depot it starts to rain, eventually Goldie87, Unauthorised Entry and Terminator join as and we all pile into the van and head off for national shoe machinery the rain is now heavy (heavy being an understatement). everytime someone mentions 'oh its getting better now' and a second later theres a bolt of lighting and a clatter of theunder........eventually we try reverse phycology 'deffinetly getting worse'......and it stopped :thumb

DSCF0002.jpg

ahh yes.....bugger :rolleyes:

DSCF0023-1.jpg

eventually we reach this 3 storey block after a few detours and some hiding

DSCF0037-2.jpg

view from the window from the window

DSCF0041-1.jpg

black blood down a pillar,,, im guessing its tar but it looked evil so i attemted an arty farty shot

DSCF0069-1.jpg

wolsey stack in a puddle

DSCF0077-1.jpg

gauge

DSCF0090-2.jpg

its a big old site, however a fair amount of it is still in use

DSCF01101.jpg

group shot

DSCF0086.jpg

this made me chuckle, there was an amusing penis sketch too

so then off we pop back towards the tow path......the water had dropped by a good foot however the last 10feet of the path was still under water and some of us ended up with wet feet :rolleyes: back to the transport and off to frog island.....i amuse the others with my silly horn, and most likely wake the neighbourhood :D

Mr Sam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

after doing several recce's around the frog island mills and a couple of boarded up pubs we head off to all saints, as the other 4 mingle around an access point i take a zillion shots of a church and a tower crane......none of which turned out :mad:

DSCF0142.jpg

everyone helped out with the light painting

DSCF01551.jpg

on the roof

DSCF0145.jpg

hehe

DSCF0175.jpg

still some in it

DSCF0176.jpg

possibly my favshot of the evning, goldie87's mag through the sneekers

DSCF0191.jpg

betweern buildings i try again for a towercrane shot..........yay :D

DSCF0195.jpg

Terminator found something amusing on the wall

hang on ive missed out the basement pictures, this was a very dissorientating part of the building mountins of boxes of yarn......and yarn.....and even more yarn

DSCF0201.jpg

another group shot

DSCF0203.jpg

random sign in a cubby hole

DSCF0206.jpg

really like the street light coming through the window.......i bet you all think im daft, but i live in the country with no streetlights....although there is a couple but there white/blue shaded, this was also right next to the road making some of us a tad nervous

DSCF0211.jpg

i think there was talk of a pikey falling through the ceiling, i just thought ooh lots of torch light this could make a good shot

DSCF0213.jpg

basement/store room of the pub

DSCF0215.jpg

mandatory fire alarm shot

DSCF0222.jpg

SHIT.........its rigged to blow :eek:

so yeah a good evning out, i arrived home at 2am :crazy thanks guys look forward to the next group explore and appologies for my mass of pictures :eek:

Goldie87

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

A few more of mine:

us18.jpg

These foolish cyclists tried to take a shortcut :crazy

us23.jpg

Corridor of offices, reminded me of a victorian school

us24.jpg

Fire damaged room

us25.jpg

Safe!

us26.jpg

Newspaper, it was soggy because someone smashed the skylight :mad:

us_group2.jpg

Another group shot L-R waynezbitz1, Termin8tor, Goldie87, Mr Sam, Unauthorized Entry

hs26.jpg

Abandoned machine

hs27.jpg

Basement looking towards exit

T

Termin8tor

Ace pics lads, some fantastic shots. I'll upload my own in a moment! I'm loving the shots you took mr.sam they all look great.
<edit> pics are now 'ere

DSCI0106.gif

A picture taken from the roof of a warehouse facing what appears to be some large chemical containers.

View attachment 46428
Picture of some kind of container right next to the warehouse.

View attachment 46430
Evidence that someone into BDSM has been in the building before us.

View attachment 46433
A huge concrete watertower? Whatever it is, it looks interesting.

View attachment 46436
Some graffiti inside the warehouse that looks pretty cool.

View attachment 46439
A shot of the watertower thing again, but from ground level.

View attachment 46442
A nice floating beer barrel with two boats.

View attachment 46446
An anti-chav gun... I thought about wheeling it around but then figured the other guys would probably have caught on to the fact i'm a looney, so I gave it a miss

Last edited by a moderator:
U

UNAUTHORIZED ENTRY

Bit late i know but here are some of my pic's anyway

DSCF0191.jpg

Some old BP cans on the ground floor.

DSCF0202.jpg

DSCF0216.jpg

Sorry i liked this:D

DSCF0249.jpg

Roof shot with lift room in view

DSCF0253.jpg

Lift workings

DSCF0219.jpg

This was my favorite image from this explore. Wolsey stack though a broken window;)

Next time i will change up my battery's so i can get the whole explore in:crazy

W

waynezbitz1

4poeyb9.jpg

sorry if theese pics are too big guys im playing with the hosting website

W

waynezbitz1

62ohqg6.jpg

i wanted to climb this but the ladder was a bit dodgy

4lo11g3.jpg