real time web analytics
Report - - Leri Woollen Mills (Talybont, Wales, Nov, 2019) | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Leri Woollen Mills (Talybont, Wales, Nov, 2019)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Very nice and comprehensive work. When I looked into the whole history it seemed to suggest there were 5 seperate mills operating in the area along the river. There is one further down from A that is converted and one in the centre of the town too. That to me would add up to 4 so I still think somewhere there is another. As far as I can remember 4 were on the Leri and Celluan the exception.

tigger

mog
Regular User
Very nice and comprehensive work. When I looked into the whole history it seemed to suggest there were 5 seperate mills operating in the area along the river. There is one further down from A that is converted and one in the centre of the town too. That to me would add up to 4 so I still think somewhere there is another. As far as I can remember 4 were on the Leri and Celluan the exception.

There are records of at least 11 mills (counting the three that John ran as individual mills as they weren't built at the same time) immediately around the town, two of which were powered by the Afon Ceulan.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
There are records of at least 11 mills (counting the three that John ran as individual mills as they weren't built at the same time) immediately around the town, two of which were powered by the Afon Ceulan.

Interesting! I'd love to spend a whole weekend pottering around the rivers and seeing whats left. It's a shame you can't kayak down the leri as I'm sure that would be fun.

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
Superb report and great leg work; we only ever did the lower colourful mill as I never realised the others were accessible.

Who has read this thread (Total: 267) View details