real time web analytics
General - - lets talk respirators , what have you got and how do you rate it ???? | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - lets talk respirators , what have you got and how do you rate it ????

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Chrisrowland

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
ive got a TREND STEALTH respirator, its compact and ideal for when crawling through tunnels etc, what have you guys and gals got and how expensive are replacement filters.???

tigger

mog
Regular User
If either were a risk in a situation where you were 'crawling through' a space then you need to consider the risk more carefully. Lots of previous posts on the subject already.

Chrisrowland

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If either were a risk in a situation where you were 'crawling through' a space then you need to consider the risk more carefully. Lots of previous posts on the subject already.
hi i have considered the risk hence why i wear a respiator, id rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it

FalloutShelter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
3M 6000 series half-face for lightweight applications and the full face one when the integrated eye-protection is desirable. The full face in particularly is undoubtedly bulky, and compared to the one you mentioned, even the half face one is bulky. Filters aren't particularly cheap especially if you want to combine several different filters.... but that's horses for courses, just like the masks themselves. The 3M masks maintain a great seal but I'm sure other brands are equally as good. 3M, GVS and JSP respirators are being widely used in COVID wards but tend to be the disposable ones which require fit testing to determine which shape works best.

Chrisrowland

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
3M 6000 series half-face for lightweight applications and the full face one when the integrated eye-protection is desirable. The full face in particularly is undoubtedly bulky, and compared to the one you mentioned, even the half face one is bulky. Filters aren't particularly cheap especially if you want to combine several different filters.... but that's horses for courses, just like the masks themselves. The 3M masks maintain a great seal but I'm sure other brands are equally as good. 3M, GVS and JSP respirators are being widely used in COVID wards but tend to be the disposable ones which require fit testing to determine which shape works best.
thanks for the reply, im always open to suggestions and help from more experienced explorers thank you, sorry if i sound inexpirience as i am, and please forgive spelling, im dyslexix

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
shouldnt this chat be posted on the Kit/clothing/equipment forum thats what its there for