real time web analytics
Report - - Leyland Test Track - Preston - March 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Leyland Test Track - Preston - March 2014

• Thread starter Deleted member 77079
  • Start date

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

D

Deleted member 77079

I know this has already been posted previously, but this was my first ever Urban Exploration and first ever post to 28DL (I've read the FAQs and I don't think i'm doing anything wrong here).

Anyway, little is known about this area surprisingly. Built in the 70s and last used in the 2000s, this test track was used for checking the Leyland trucks that were manufactured in the area. Judging from local newspapers it's going to be demolished soon to make way for residential buildings so I thought I'd better check it out!

On with the show.

Used for testing the suspension
IMG_1596_zpse37079e7.jpg

IMG_1590_zps5dca850d.jpg

I have no idea what this is, maybe something used to put tyres on?
IMG_1580_zps8a1023c3.jpg

Danger Loving...
IMG_1541_zps99740a6b.jpg

IMG_1531_zpsafa5b527.jpg

On the banked corner
IMG_1617_zpsaf44412b.jpg

D

Deleted member 77079

Nice 1st report mate if I remember correctly top gear have filmed here in the past :thumb

Cheers man! That's amazing if they did, everything I saw there reminded me of that episode of Top Gear where they had bought old cars and they were testing them on the cobblestone road getting egg all on their heads!

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Interesting, never heard of this before. Even more surprised that leyland actually tested anything cars or Lorries :D

Thanks for posting

Baff

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Interesting, never heard of this before. Even more surprised that leyland actually tested anything cars or Lorries :D

Thanks for posting

They just tested how long it would take for them to rust and fall apart. ;)

Cuuvin

28DL Colonial Member
28DL Full Member
philal
Leyland Test Track - Preston - March 2014

"I have no idea what this is, maybe something used to put tyres on?"
IMG_1580_zps8a1023c3.jpg

A centrifugal pump, modified by Mr.John Pikey...