real time web analytics
Report - - Littlebrook D Power Station, Kent - October 2018 | UK Power Stations | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Littlebrook D Power Station, Kent - October 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
First off, massive thanks to @Ojay for the upgrade.

I thought I'd make Littlebrook my first post in here as this has been one of my favourite explores of the year so far. I had a really nice chilled out day here with the place to myself. And getting to see the place bathed in natural daylight was quite incredible, despite only being able to get decent shots of the turbine hall early and late in the day because of the intensity of the sunlight coming in. Because of the size of the hole in the side of the building now, I had to chase the light around the place to get decent shots. It was a pain in the tits at first but once I had a feel for the place it became a fun challenge!

I'm sure you know the history of the place already!

o0XxB9mh.jpg

etDUsFuh.jpg

LJdDItgh.jpg

jdFvIqLh.jpg

The light in here turned really harsh very quickly so I had a good wander about the place until later in the day.

qPo0bLwh.jpg

NvgoV1Ph.jpg

uIzRk22h.jpg

IqznpyOh.jpg

nbU7ku8h.jpg

yOhG3jqh.jpg

YmsVBAYh.jpg

The light eventually became a load of bollocks so I wandered around the cable rooms for ages. I've stopped for lunch in worse places.

vRhv73hh.jpg

LntZOFWh.jpg

wQCeDCth.jpg

I eventually stumbled upon what was probably the only untouched part of the whole place.

xSlbm8jh.jpg

Cyot73rh.jpg

i5zV0f0h.jpg

qJmVzSbh.jpg

RrDi7rMh.jpg

tlTAupwh.jpg

The control room has seen far better days!

rrBqiEDh.jpg

Tj18RDxh.jpg

fXQL6kjh.jpg

99Anw3bh.jpg

7gEQ3OAh.jpg

Whilst snooping about in the darker sections of the ground floor as I waited for the sun to go down a bit more I found the water analysis section. Being a brewer, I deal with the mineral contents and all the ionic bullshit that goes on in water on a daily basis, so this really appealed to the geek in me!

5AJEsoDh.jpg

Then back to the turbine hall to play hide and seek with the last of the sunlight. The light coming in and hitting the ground lit up the pipework in some really nice ways.

TgBd3ABh.jpg

LPH5QQZh.jpg

l3JQpPVh.jpg

That circular saw is a fucking beast!

c0Gh8gEh.jpg

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Continued…

Then the light started to get a lot friendlier so it was time to get up close to the one remaining turbine.

kYGfvCDh.jpg

NssqPXvh.jpg

ABkPIkvh.jpg

WtemP7Bh.jpg

The carnage of demolition

q28QAGWh.jpg

I9Xqlyxh.jpg

fVU5paEh.jpg

JMBQQjIh.jpg

And a few from the ground floor just before the light died

gcA9wB8h.jpg

NuqnoqNh.jpg

ZA7I8Qfh.jpg

ZkjPzT7h.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Jesus that’s a sorry sight :eek:

Good effort and pics all the same :thumb
Cheers mate. Yeah I knew I'd missed the boat and the lights were off inside before demo started. Still cool as fuck to see it this way though!

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Loving the light in that first pic. Cracking effort here.
Cheers mate. I arrived about 30 mins later than I’d planned to but I had to get the camera out for that before I made my way inside quickly before it really started getting light, it was too nice a shot to miss!

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Cheers mate. I arrived about 30 mins later than I’d planned to but I had to get the camera out for that before I made my way inside quickly before it really started getting light, it was too nice a shot to miss!
I'd have done the same, sometimes you just can't pass up an opportunity like that.

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Loving that first pic. Some great shots there. Hows demo coming along atm? Really wish id of given this a go at the beginning of the year. Ah well too late now I guess. Enjoyed the report anyway. Nice one mate

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Loving that first pic. Some great shots there. Hows demo coming along atm? Really wish id of given this a go at the beginning of the year. Ah well too late now I guess. Enjoyed the report anyway. Nice one mate
Cheers mate. No idea how far in they are now. I keep meaning to go back for another look but too many other places on the cards just now!

Seffy

Staff member
Decent mate, lighting for these is spot on! Makes me wanna go back and get some better photos !