real time web analytics
Question - - London climb teacher? | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - London climb teacher?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

NapoliBoy17

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi,
I'm 17, and i have always been fascinated by people climbing tall buildings. I've spent so much of my life watching urban climbing videos, and it's finally dawned on me that i should get out from behind the keyboard and attempt it myself. But, the problem is i don't have a clue where to begin, what to do, and how to do it. I would say I'm a complete amateur, i have never climbed before. I am interested in finding someone who can teach me how it's done, someone to teach me every detail about urban climbing, and someone who has experience and knows the best spots and how to get there. I know it is a huge ask from me, especially as i'm a newcomer to this field, but i am willing to learn, and willing to do anything so that i can experience it for myself. If there is anybody who could do this for me, please drop me a message, it would be enormously appreciated, as i have always craved and dreamt about going urban climbing, and i think its time that i go out and try it, instead of dreaming of it all my life.
Many thanks!
NapoliBoy17

:meerkat:

witty banter
28DL Full Member
get looking on some sites and see what you can find to help you. even youtube might help for tutorials. no one will suddenly start to help you on here because like you said your new, try and get a few reports of anything up then people will pay more attention to you :thumb

NapoliBoy17

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
get looking on some sites and see what you can find to help you. even youtube might help for tutorials. no one will suddenly start to help you on here because like you said your new, try and get a few reports of anything up then people will pay more attention to you :thumb
Thanks mate! :)

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
Seriously now, there's lots of climbing walls in London. They run courses to teach beginners like yourself how to climb and abseil safety. I recommend a place called The Reach which is in Woolwich by the Flood Barrier. The Reach has the added bonus that right outside is is a dead easy urban explore - a ship that is stuck on the mud on the Thames. At the moment the name of the ship escapes me, but I do know that is was a ferry in Liverpool and the Beatles performed on it in the 1960s. Unless somebody has pushed it out a bit, its a simple to get on from the wharf.

There's other climbing walls in London, Mile End climbing wall comes to mind.

mrwhite

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Seriously now, there's lots of climbing walls in London. They run courses to teach beginners like yourself how to climb and abseil safety. I recommend a place called The Reach which is in Woolwich by the Flood Barrier. The Reach has the added bonus that right outside is is a dead easy urban explore - a ship that is stuck on the mud on the Thames. At the moment the name of the ship escapes me, but I do know that is was a ferry in Liverpool and the Beatles performed on it in the 1960s. Unless somebody has pushed it out a bit, its a simple to get on from the wharf.

There's other climbing walls in London, Mile End climbing wall comes to mind.

the royal iris and its not that simple....unless the tide is out lol

Patrick

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey! good post mate, I saw that you commented on my report too! Firstly, i don't honestly think anyone on here will take an amateur anywhere with them to climb haha! I'm sorry, but its more of a liability having them. Oh and remember, climbing is only the easy part. Its the hours of going to sites, going back home disappointed that make up for the good view....anything is climbable, drop me a DM on instagram if you can @Kid_Explorer and we can work something out...

Hector Rex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just go climb things.. thats what everyone on here does pretty much.. there is no such thing as urban climbing training. figure some stuff out at a climbing wall if needs be then just go and do stuff.. most of its ladders and stairs anyways.