real time web analytics
Question - - London sewer tours | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - London sewer tours

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

RJM

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi all, new to this forum so apologies if this has been covered extensively!

I'm in the process of writing a new book, part of which will be set in the London sewers. I'm trying to find an organisation that might allow me into the sewers so I can get a feel for it, see how it works etc. I'd love a guided tour but I can't find anything of that kind available at the moment!

Could anyone give me any pointers for where I could start enquiring, or tips for what I could do?

Many thanks!

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Very rarely Thames water do sewer tours at Abbey mills pumping station

you used to be able to tour sewers in Brighton but they’ve stopped doing it

If you want to get a rough feel for it minus the smell I’d set a few hours aside and read all of @tallginge reports

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
or tips for what I could do

Figure out the different types of lids that get you into the sewers easily and safely and just go down - late at night's best. If you feel brave and it's not been raining or sewer "rush hour" go for a wander - if not get back out. You'll figure out a lot more while yer down there. There's maps on flickr, google, etc that'll get you started. They take a bit of figuring out too. All good stuff though. The lost rivers are easiest as they're not tunnelled.

FreshFingers

Choose life, choose tunnels
Regular User
Come on TG, you know you're itching to offer a tour. You could make your way around with just your sense of smell...little bit of cash on the side not tempt you? :turd:thumb

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
Na it'd be weird man! I'm tryna get work on building sites me. It'd be strange getting paid to do something you enjoy ;) I'd feel like I'm ripping someone off mixing money and pleasure, honestly

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Na it'd be weird man! I'm tryna get work on building sites me. It'd be strange getting paid to do something you enjoy ;) I'd feel like I'm ripping someone off mixing money and pleasure, honestly

yeh and offering tours exposes you to lots of legal problems if things go wrong..........you could get sued for something as silly as a sprained ankle,non insurance etc