real time web analytics
Report - - Loudon Castle Feb 2012 early morning | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Loudon Castle Feb 2012 early morning

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

baronvon

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ok first explore since reading this site for a few years

Up at 6am and got to site for 7am, drove around for 45 mins trying to figure out where park car !!

Been reported before but some info

The park was opened in 1995 by a company based in London and has since been through the hands of showman Raymond Codona to its current owner, Henk Bembom's Parkware Ltd. Bembom took over the park in 2002 and invested £5m during his first year there, followed by an additional £2m in the second.

Bembom continued to bring new rides and attractions to the park each year, including another £2m worth of investment in 2007.In winter 2006, Parkware moved all their operations and ride stock to Loudoun from their previous storage buildings in Margate.

On 15 July 2007, 18-year-old ride operator Mark Blackwood died after falling 80 feet (24 m) from a rollercoaster he was pushing, which had got stuck. He was taken to Crosshouse Hospital in Kilmarnock for treatment but subsequently died there on Monday 16 July 2007. After a two-week trial, the jury found the park owners not guilty of failing to provide proper training and supervision at Kilmarnock Sheriff Court on Saturday 10 October 2009.

In September 2010 it was announced that the park had closed, Bembom stating that it was "no longer economically viable." There are no clear indications as to the future use of the site, whether the current owners intend to sell the business on as a 'going concern' or if they intend to use the site for other purposes.

IMG_0912aa.jpg

IMG_0910aa.jpg

IMG_0930aa.jpg

IMG_0927aa.jpg

IMG_0929aa.jpg

IMG_0934aa.jpg

IMG_0946aa.jpg

IMG_1022aa.jpg

IMG_1057aa.jpg

IMG_1002aa.jpg

IMG_0974aa.jpg

IMG_0984aa.jpg

IMG_0981aa.jpg

IMG_1035aa.jpg

IMG_1091aa.jpg

on leaving I met the owner, Henk Bembom, chatted for about 20 mins about UE v`s pikeys, hes a really nice guys, wants me to email him any good shots from today, even gave me a lift from the site to my car :)

THE BARON

Last edited: