real time web analytics
Report - - Loxley Collage - Sheffield - May 2011 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Loxley Collage - Sheffield - May 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ric

темний Прип'ять
28DL Full Member
I've had my eye on this for a while, i noticed it while looking at some other leads up in the Stannington area of sheffield so decided to try and have a little look.

The last report i can find on this place was in Feb of 2007 you can see the report Here

It would appear that time hasn't been kind to the place, its pretty tore up inside and room after room are pretty much the same.

It was incredibly hard to get into in the end, and based on that i wouldn't say it wouldn't be worth a revisit because of the amount of damage inside most of the classrooms.

A little history:

The sheffield Loxley collage was one of the many collages under the Sheffield Collage/university scheme, however it was replaced by Hillsborough collage in 2005 when the site closed.

Various plans have been put forward for the site to be demo'd for housing or football pitches for the nearby secondary school, however due to its location in the sheffield "green belt" deadlock has been in place since late 2006 which has meant the site has been left to rot.

At one stage, an appeal was lodged with the Government after local politicians rejected plans for 79 houses and 29 apartments. But the appeal was withdrawn in the hope of finding a way forward that would satisfy all sides.

DSC_6023.jpg

DSC_6024.jpg

One of the many risen gangways from building to building.

DSC_6031.jpg

DSC_6032.jpg

DSC_6047.jpg

Stacked tables

DSC_6054.jpg

DSC_6060.jpg

DSC_6063.jpg

Cricketers leg padding in the sports areas

DSC_6068.jpg

DSC_6075.jpg

Paintings and drawings from the artwork block

DSC_6081.jpg

Photography classroom whiteboard with the same instructions on from the 2007 report.

DSC_6094.jpg

Old photography equipment and shots

DSC_6084.jpg

DSC_6092.jpg

A small kiln in the pottery classrooms

DSC_6100.jpg

DSC_6105.jpg

Food menu in the kitchen area, unfortunately the rest was stripped.

DSC_6108.jpg

DSC_6035.jpg

We incinerate bunnies in sheffield..

DSC_6087.jpg

Crane controller in the machinery areas.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited: