real time web analytics
Report - - Maplefield's School Kettering (May 2017) | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Maplefield's School Kettering (May 2017)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Hariboking727

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The History
I couldn't really find much information on this place, apart it was a special needs school and closed in 2012 and all the students were moved to a Corby school.

The Explore
We didn't really know what to expect of the place as there's literally nothing on this place online and for a reason. All windows and doors are locked, and what we didn't know at the time were alarmed. So after trying every window (and about to give up) we found one unlocked window on the main building. The open window lead into the art room with a couple of kilns which was pretty cool. I didn't really snap too many pictures because I wasn't planning on doing a report at the time. After the art room the corridor lead down into the design room. It still had some of the kids work in there and some of the tools were left behind too.
received_10213193941587681[1].jpeg

The IT room, there wasn't much in here apart from a load of Ethernet cables.
received_10213193951827937[1].jpeg

The Science room
received_10213193946307799[1].jpeg
received_10213193948747860[1].jpeg

The Staff Kitchen
received_10213193953867988[1].jpeg

There's was loads of rooms, and even though it was a small place it felt like it was going on forever on the inside.

As mentioned earlier it was secured very well and this showed inside. There was no graffiti or vandalism, except for the discovery that someone had been firing off a shot gun in there. There was a few holes in the walls and some of the door locks had been blown through. there was no blood so I don't think anyone had been shot, but still worrying none the less.
received_1076154142486441[1].jpeg
received_1076154149153107[1].jpeg
received_1076154159153106[1].jpeg

Also as I alluded to earlier the place was alarmed, so somewhere along the explore we had tripped it, but as it was a silent alarm we were blissfully unaware. So we were at the end of the building in the reception when I saw security walk, as he didn't notice us we quickly headed to the one upstairs room. we took refuge up there for about 45 mins as we could hear security circling the building, checking the barriers across the windows and doors. Eventually the front door opened and a couple of Police officers came through so we decided to come down. The Police were very reasonable as they realised we weren't vandalising and let us go with the advice of exploring places with out alarms next time. I also asked the Police about the shotgun holes and locks blown through but they didn't know either.

This is my first report so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks for looking,
Matt.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
I've looked at this place a few times with no luck, so well done for getting in.

Formerly called the Orchard School. Planning was granted in 2016 to demolish it and build houses.

any advice is appreciated

A few more photos of rooms and a few less of shotgun damage.

Good effort on your first report.

Hariboking727

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've looked at this place a few times with no luck, so well done for getting in.

Formerly called the Orchard School. Planning was granted in 2016 to demolish it and build houses.

A few more photos of rooms and a few less of shotgun damage.

Good effort on your first report.
I'm pretty sure the window we got through has been locked after we got into, so I don't think it will be accessible for a while.