real time web analytics
Report - - Maxims Nightclub, Newcastle Under Lyme - July 2016 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Maxims Nightclub, Newcastle Under Lyme - July 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
July 2016

I visited this place on a warm July evening, after noticing they had been levelling the waste ground next to the building I decided I would take a quick look. The club closed in 2006 shortly followed by the place being gutted, from what I can work out the place is to be turned into ''homes for the elderly'' with work starting shortly after my visit.

The building dates back to the 17th century and has seen many uses over its life with it being covered to a nightclub in the 1970's.It consists of 3 main floors and a basement (flooded). The ground floor and 1st were used as the club with the top containing a flat and the office for the venue, some of the features still remain including the DJ booth on the ground floor and several ornamental mirrors.

4432279_ad838266f07e1.jpg

[0]

IMG_4233c6990.jpg

[1]

IMG_424910de6.jpg

[2]

IMG_42467d002.jpg

[3]

IMG_42566999c.jpg

[4]

IMG_425834a2a.jpg

[5]

IMG_4266a5ff8.jpg

[6]

IMG_42752fa54.jpg

[7]

IMG_4283d26ec.jpg

[8]

IMG_4319f742c.jpg

[9]

IMG_43268170d.jpg

[10]

Stoke Sentinel Article
Cheers For Looking​

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Originally this was a pot bank way back.
Quite correct about it becoming an old peoples home type affair, they're retaining the existing building which will feature a bar called Sammy Bells in reference to the pottery company of Samuel Bell which manufactured Agate Ware on the site.

Belong Newcastle

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi, great pictures! We are redeveloping the Maxims site thanks to a £1.8m grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund. The new site will consist of the Belong Newcastle care village and Belong Heritage Gallery which will be integrated within the village centre and will aim to link the past and present through shared memories, experiences and reminiscence.

We are currently working with The New Vic Theatre to gather memories of Maxims which will culminate in a performance of the new play at the New Vic theatre, as well as the Belong Heritage Gallery early in 2018.

It would be great if you have any more pictures from Maxims or are able to provide us with permission to share these on our social media site. Visit our any interesting memories or stories to share - follow our Facebook page, send me a message or email [email protected] for more details!

Sprogletto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, great pictures! We are redeveloping the Maxims site thanks to a £1.8m grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund. The new site will consist of the Belong Newcastle care village and Belong Heritage Gallery which will be integrated within the village centre and will aim to link the past and present through shared memories, experiences and reminiscence.

We are currently working with The New Vic Theatre to gather memories of Maxims which will culminate in a performance of the new play at the New Vic theatre, as well as the Belong Heritage Gallery early in 2018.

It would be great if you have any more pictures from Maxims or are able to provide us with permission to share these on our social media site. Visit our any interesting memories or stories to share - follow our Facebook page, send me a message or email [email protected] for more details!
Great to see the new land owner supporting this URBEX find! Amazing work at the Belong village in the year or so you’ve been open :-)

Tiffanys

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi Gronk, your report on Maxims and photos you captured, were awesome, as it they triggered a-lot of memories of time gone by of night clubbing never to be experienced again!

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
Hi Gronk, your report on Maxims and photos you captured, were awesome, as it they triggered a-lot of memories of time gone by of night clubbing never to be experienced again!
Thanks, yeah it was a nice little club. Managed to get into Metropolis, Zanzibar and the Queens in Newcastle around the same time as well

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 138) View details