real time web analytics
Report - - Megatron reinforcement work, June 2010 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Megatron reinforcement work, June 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
Hi All,

Whilst driving through Sheff the other week I noticed the centre 'open' section of the Sheaf culvert was fenced off with warning signs all over the place. Naturally I wanted to know what was going on, so me & a friend went for a nosey.

We noticed flourescent light eminating from inside the culvert... At that point a security guard appeared so we just wandered up and asked him what was going on down there... He told us they were reinforcing the roof with tie rods and pointing up bits of the mortar that had dropped out after years of trains pounding overhead...

We had to go for a look.

Fast forward a couple of days and on a lovely still quite night we made our way down the culvert and sure enough the end of the first section was all lit up for us! Torches off and tripods out!

Pics...

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

Thanks for looking! :thumb

Last edited:

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
I went back a couple of weeks after those original shots were taken and they had got a bit further with the work. However I didn't take my camera or a tripod to document it properly, my mate had brought his camera and we attempted to get some shots, the results were a bit crap but picasa helped pull out a bit of detail.

You can see the ceiling full of rebar ready for spraying with concrete in these shots.

Megatron003.jpg

Megatron006.jpg

WB

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details