real time web analytics
Report - - Megatron -- Sheffield -- April 2014 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Megatron -- Sheffield -- April 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JuJu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with The Kwan, Georgie, Telf, Lenston and The Wombat.

I had been wanting to visit this drain for ages, jumping at the chance when it came up. After a waders finding mission for The Wombat; we were on our way to meet the lads and go exploring. It was my first go at map reading in ages; was really surprised I could still just about manage it after such a long break!

We set off on our journey and put the waders to good use! I wasn't too keen on the spiders down there, luckily managing to avoid getting any of them on me! Also, wasn't going to let spiders get in the way of a good explore. Even managed to walk on the red brick section without stacking it!

We had a nice surprise of finding a family of ducklings; as much as I wanted to take them home with me, I left them where I found them. We also had a nasty surprise of finding a few needles; having to move them out of the way so we could carry on without catching AIDS or HEP.

I have borrowed the history from The Kwan:

"Even before the thirteenth century the river Sheaf drove the industrial wheels of Sheffield and was culverted and diverted to suit the needs of the mills and steel factories, In 1860 the Midland railway company purchased the rights to build the railway station straddling the river and so enclosing the water course."

Now for some photos....

DSC_0004_zpsfb36e970.jpg

DSC_0015_zps57b21ed3.jpg

DSC_0019_zps9a617cbd.jpg

DSC_0029_zps6bc7531e.jpg

DSC_0031_zps9e9c0b7c.jpg

DSC_0047_zps4052dd56.jpg

georgie

He Never Even Got There
28DL Full Member
Nice one juju good to meet yous lot how did that noise reduction pic turn out

JuJu

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one juju good to meet yous lot how did that noise reduction pic turn out

Was good to meet you too :) The noise reduction pic is the fifth one down. It turned out really nice on the computer, think I will use that setting more often now!

georgie

He Never Even Got There
28DL Full Member
Was good to meet you too :) The noise reduction pic is the fifth one down. It turned out really nice on the computer, think I will use that setting more often now!

Ahh happy days its good for long exposures you dont have to wait ages for it to process

Leeds(Ex)plorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
good stuff JJ!

Youll be in drains more than derps now (its far more fun)

Are these on film or something?

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Cool report Juju and it was really nice to meet you finally, should do it again soon :thumb

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Good to see the place getting more attention again

The spray creted bits look awful these days compared to what they were, then again strengthing work was required and it's not something most people would see anyway

Good effort, sounds like a decent trip :thumb

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
Once you go in drains you find yourself being drawn to them more and more

you'll never be the same again :)

Good stuff

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details