real time web analytics
Report - - Mendlesham Transmitting Station (The 1000ft Mast) - Suffolk, June 2020 | High Stuff | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mendlesham Transmitting Station (The 1000ft Mast) - Suffolk, June 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Llama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great photos, but I'm not one for heights, that ladder does not look too safe to me, unless you were clipped on?
We weren’t clipped mate, just had to free climb it. Was a bit risky but a harness would’ve slowed us down massively

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No worries, perhaps someone who knows ladders better than me can explain why some have the safety "coils" around them, and others do not.

Llama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No worries, perhaps someone who knows ladders better than me can explain why some have the safety "coils" around them, and others do not.
Yeah man it's quite intriguing actually when you think about it

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've seen the coil type ones on water related infrastructure, but those are for climbing down into something. Strikes me as odd that climbing higher on that mast ladder there is none, which makes me think the workers are clipped onto a harness, or some other measure is taken.

Llama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Jesus H Christ... Respect.

I wouldn't climb that if you paid me.
It's like a challenge from Fort Boyard!
It was a bit of a personal achievement more than anything else to be honest mate. Always wanted to say I’ve climbed something that’s the same height as the shard haha. Cheers matey :)

Nightfox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hahahaha found this report lurking around..... Absolutely amazing night/day this was!!! the climb killed me but was well worth it for that sunrise!!!! actually might have to give it a 2nd go ;)

Eddiek

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some great photographs. I don't like heights so there would be no way I could have done it, so fair play to you lads. It sends me dizzy just looking at the photo's lol..

Nightfox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some great photographs. I don't like heights so there would be no way I could have done it, so fair play to you lads. It sends me dizzy just looking at the photo's lol..

TBH mate I hate nights too! just didn't look down and after a specific point you just become immune to how high you are! after about 100ft the hight stopped bothering me tbh!

Llama

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hahahaha found this report lurking around..... Absolutely amazing night/day this was!!! the climb killed me but was well worth it for that sunrise!!!! actually might have to give it a 2nd go ;)
I just can't believe it's been over a year since we did this, time flies man!

Who has read this thread (Total: 653) View details