real time web analytics
Report - - Millenium Mills, East London - Febuary 2020 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Millenium Mills, East London - Febuary 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Misfitsexplore2012

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Do you think I’m the only one going out too read all the exploring reports and I beg you to tell them to stay the fuck indoors as well please instead of someone that is 1. A key worker that has to do veiwings for housing as I’m a housing officer so I actually have a letter to say I can be out during work hours which goes up to 8pm due to my nature of work and 2. someone who has a letter from the Doctors to say they can go out due to their mental health issues so I beg you go comment “stay the fuck indoors” on every recent explore post.

Dick

Misfitsexplore2012

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just because you might have ADHD doesn't mean you can put yourself and others at risk by going out and exploring when everybody in the country has been told to only go out for essential reasons. If you need to get out the house go for a walk in a local park, like has been advised, if you think everyone else isn't going stir crazy stuck indoors then you're deluded.

Exploring. Is. Not. Essential.
[/QUOTE
i have no local park near me And I’m also a housing officer which is a key worker so I’m aloud to go out from anytime from 6am to 8pm.

have a nice day I’m going to work now

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Do you think I’m the only one going out too read all the exploring reports and I beg you to tell them to stay the fuck indoors as well please instead of someone that is 1. A key worker that has to do veiwings for housing as I’m a housing officer so I actually have a letter to say I can be out during work hours which goes up to 8pm due to my nature of work and 2. someone who has a letter from the Doctors to say they can go out due to their mental health issues so I beg you go comment “stay the fuck indoors” on every recent explore post.

Dick

Have you seen anything at all posted from late March into April that isn't from years ago? Every idiot who's decided to post up something they've explored since the UK was placed in a lockdown has been banned after being rightfully ripped a new one by everyone else who's being sensible and not exploring.

If you're allowed out to do your work then crack on with your WORK but for the last time exploring is not an essential activity, you do not need to do it right now. If you are doing it you are stupid, and if you are doing it and are dumb enough to post on here about how you're doing it then you're doubly stupid.

Eroze

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just because you might have ADHD doesn't mean you can put yourself and others at risk by going out and exploring when everybody in the country has been told to only go out for essential reasons. If you need to get out the house go for a walk in a local park, like has been advised, if you think everyone else isn't going stir crazy stuck indoors then you're deluded.

Exploring. Is. Not. Essential.
I think It should be okay as long as its at night where there's no contact with anybody and not using public transport, counts as a daily exercise lol, but I get the sentiment.

mockney reject

Staff member

Dick

you wont see any reports from people whilst on lockdown without people getting a 14 day ban ADHD, XR3, UTFO or otherwise

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member

Dick

You must look a right plank walking around with a filing cabinet full of the various letters explaining why you are so special that you are allowed outside.

Staska_

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Millennium mills

The Millennium Mills were one of the largest flour mills in London during the early half of the 20th century. The building was largely destroyed by bombing during the second world war but was then rebuilt in 1945-1950 before eventually closing with the decline of the royal docks in 1981.

We started planning the trip in late November/early December. There's not to many easy sites around London nearby to us so this seemed like the best bet and so after weeks of saying we'd start planning we finally did a scout in January, spurred by reports of development starting on the site. We had a list of possible entrances to check based on google earth and previous reports but didn't hang around too long due to what seemed like a guard in his range rover roaming the south of the site.

When it came to the nigh of the trip we were well prepared enough to feel confident, despite knowing that it was a very dangerous building inside and heavily protected. We took the night tube across London at 2am, had a beer, faces covered, then headed to the site. As a group of three we knew we needed to get in as soon as possible and so had a well rehearsed plan for routes to try. The first one failed, most likely down to skipping gym too often and too many maccies but having prepared for this we went to plan b and took a "spikier" route.

A few cuts later we were in the compound and after emerging from some bushes we were greeted by this majestic view of the mills:

We then proceeded to circle the site to find a way in but with each corner we were greeted by yet more padlocks, concreted windows and smooth surfaces. Eventually we resorted one again to another spiky route to access the east section of the building which was considerably older than the larger concrete section. From looking at some photos that larger section seemed mostly empty anyways so we weren't to bothered save for the view from the roof. Much of the base of the building was littered with machinery taken from the mill, most likely to protect it:

Upon entering this section we quickly realized how dangerous it was. The crooked skeleton of the structure poked its way through creaking, rotted planks. The floors were peppered with gaping holes that seemed to stretch down through as any as five or six stories in some areas. Each step we took was a gamble, half expecting to plummet into the abyss below. In hindsight it must've been quite comical to see us inching our way along the floors, trying out best to keep close to the beams.

Here's some views from the interior:

By far one of the funniest moments of the trip was when my friends dropped to the floor in panic and the disturbance of a flock of pigeons (which I was expecting after reading other reports).

The view out the doorway facing the London city airport on the top floor was also an astonishing sight and made sure to take many photos:

Unfortunately the roof was partly burnt down and so we deemed it safer to head back down. After chilling by the dockside for a bit with our last beer we started making our way out snapping these in the process:

View over the docks (north)

Supporting structure (with anti climb paint fyi)

facing west

As we were walking a figure caught my eye and quickly signaled to my friends to hide. Two of our other friends were meant to meet us on the sight if they felt sober enough so we simply assumed that this was them. This was probably poor judgement as we were all quite tired, injured and cold and thus ended up turning the corner to meet a security guard who gave us a good shouting and eventually made us leave the site.

This of course did sour the mood of the trip and left us quite shook up but in hindsight it was rewarding knowing we saw the building before it is set to be redeveloped into a £3.5 billion project.

If you guys are planning to go anytime soon be careful! There are tons of security at every corner when I went just to view. They didn’t say anything but just looked at me. I went 24 aug 2020:))

Staska_

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Me and a friend Got in here just a few weeks ago. It's right across the river from the new 4,000 bed hospital for coronavirus. We were in for about twenty minutes and looking for a way to access the main building when a security guard showed up. I just wonder where their cctv is or how the are monitoring it? Was anyone able to gather any info like that on any explore?
I went not long ago, and the security is crazy, I think they are planning to demolish the building. There are security in every bit of the place, with dogs, cars and cameras installed. They looked at me when I tried taking some photos but said nothing. So I thing there will be no chance of getting into the place :))

Mexplore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've always wanted to visit this place, especially as it has the obey on the side. Such a great looking place. Shame I won't ever get to visit there myself

Who has read this thread (Total: 411) View details