real time web analytics
Report - - Milnathort ROC post - Kinross-shire Group - 16/8/07 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Milnathort ROC post - Kinross-shire Group - 16/8/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

foz101

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with delongid95 - his first ROC :thumb

The only post in the Kinross-shire 'group', its on Balado airfield where T in the Park is held. Post is flooded to between 6 inches and a foot deep I'd guess and has had a lot of stuff removed. Only floor stuff left floating in the mire. The vents are open though so it wasn't stinky and festering.

Subbrit stuff here
Flashearth here

Picture004crop.jpg

DSCF0711Small.jpg

DSCF0716Small.jpg

Not nice
DSCF0720Small.jpg

What appears to be the light timer on the desk. However, there was still one attached by the door. This one broken maybe?
DSCF0721Small.jpg

First Aid
DSCF0722Small.jpg

A mug of tea and a copy of the Sun in the toilet - every man's ideal morning break
DSCF0724Small.jpg

One thing I missed which I'm very annoyed about is that there was a piece of paper with a list of names of those who served in the post on the door. As it was wide open, it was out of eyeshot when I went down. The key was still in the internal door too. Delongi took pics with his phone, I hope they came out.

D

delongid95

Finally, my pictures :)

Only 4, as the rest were simply poor versions of foz's images.

Firstly, a close up of one of the newspapers that were in the toilet. Ironic how 17 years ago we were worried about our journalists being attacked by chemical weapons during the Gulf War, but now in 2007 TV crews are being given flack jackets again.
Photo-0208r.jpg

Took this one climbing down the ladder the second time I decided to go and have a better look at the door:
Photo-0216r.jpg

The door:
Photo-0218r.jpg

Photo-0222r.jpg

The plastic wrapped piece of paper above reads:

ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS
STAND DOWN 30/9/91
PRESENT MEMBERS SERVING
CHIEF OBSERVER (W) - B.J. THOMPSON
LEADING OBSERVER - A. LATTO
OBSERVER - D.C. HARDING
OBSERVER(W) - S. FORSYTH​

Hope these are of some appreciation to someone, on a side note does anyone know what the "(W)" stand for on that list? Woman??

My first ROC Post...and I loved it!