real time web analytics
Report - - Mobil Oil, Birkenhead - March 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mobil Oil, Birkenhead - March 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Session9

A life backwards
28DL Full Member
History
Opened in the 1930's as an oil terminal and blending plant, production was mostly based around refining and blending oils for marine, automotive and industrial use (including exporting these as a far as Australia). The site was heavily damaged by bombing during the second world war. The plant was then extensively rebuilt in the 1950's including a new oil blending hall in a purpose built building, covered tanker loading bay, extensive storage areas and a large three storey building for grease production. Production ceased around 2001, transferred to a new facility at Coryton.

The explore
This one had been on my wish list for sometime and proved to be a relaxed explore, though in hindsight, it would probably be a good idea not to explore alone here. Due to time, the grease production plant and the large warehouse were flagged.

For industrial lovers, this is a must see site!

On with the phots:
Outside.jpg

Sign.jpg

I will try and stick to the walkway...

Loading.jpg

Blending.jpg

Tanks.jpg

Pipes.jpg

Radialpipes.jpg

Cleanwalkway.jpg

Dial.jpg

Dirtywalkway.jpg

Mmmm. Think i'll choose another way!

Barrelarea.jpg

Processoils.jpg

Outsideswitches.jpg

Holeinfloor.jpg

Warehouse.jpg

If only there was a market for plastic trunking...this floor would be mint!

Phonehood.jpg

Pipeoperation.jpg

Endpipes.jpg

Window.jpg

Warehousereflection.jpg

Extanks.jpg

Me.jpg

And so, it was back to the city centre for a good old KFC, but tonight, served with an added portion of the black gold!

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited: