real time web analytics
Report - - Mode Wheel Locks Pump House (Manchester Ship Canal, Jun, 2020) | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mode Wheel Locks Pump House (Manchester Ship Canal, Jun, 2020)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tigger

mog
Regular User
That pump is incredible. The craftsmanship is just so good. Quality explore. Any idea of age of these? :cool:

Can't really see much of the pump?
The air blast diesel engine dates from around 1907 so must have been one of the first built at the Hazel Grove Works.

* There's a five cylinder Mirlees Bickerton & Day air blast engine in running condition at Prickwillow Museum near Ely

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The air blast diesel engine dates from around 1907 so must have been one of the first built at the Hazel Grove Works.
* There's a five cylinder Mirlees Bickerton & Day air blast engine in running condition at Prickwillow Museum near Ely

Don't have any more pictures of the pump, nor did I notice a serial number.
Since I had them, below are a couple of old photos of similar centrifugal pumps from impounding stations on the Liverpool docks.

50066411406_d4bf0750e8_b.jpg

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User

Thanks for answer, yep I meant to say engine for the pump. I dont really understand how these things work nor their names, Im a woman lol ( non sexist only aimed at me). Wow 1907 they sure knew how to build to last. Thanks tigger.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Don't have any more pictures of the pump, nor did I notice a serial number.
Since I had them, below are a couple of old photos of similar centrifugal pumps from impounding stations on the Liverpool docks.

50066411406_d4bf0750e8_b.jpg
Incredible build, im so impressed with the built to last craftsmanship so long ago.

Who has read this thread (Total: 276) View details