real time web analytics
Report - - Moka, Crawley. February 2022 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Moka, Crawley. February 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

RXQueen

T-Rex Urbex
28DL Full Member
This place was open briefly this past week and we were lucky enough to get inside. I visited with Ella.

I haven’t explored a nightclub before and the last time I set foot in one was well over 20 years ago, although I’d not been to this particular one it brought back of lot of memories of my weekends spent clubbing, getting shitfaced, falling over a lot and being sick in rose bushes. The dance floors were sticky and the decor tasteless.

The club was wide open, an alarm was going off but we knew others had been and it was sounding then so we ignored it. We assumed given how big the building was that there was definitely more floors and wasted a lot of time trying to find the stairs to go up, every door looked the same. Eventually found the stairs right by the door we came in. Am not entirely sure what the ground floor was used as as the club had two floors that were Moka on the first and Vista on the second. This place at the bottom, on the other side of the reception area for Moka was done up for Halloween, Moka closed NYE.

We have missed quite a bit of the place, it was massive and we spent almost 2 hours in there already and had to move on to our next explore we had planned. Planned to go back soon but it’s been sealed.

History -

The club opened for the last time on New Year’s Eve 2019. For a number of years the nightclub only had 50 per cent of the floorspace open and was not used to capacity. Deltic, the owners, are actively exploring several possible venues for a new nightclub for the town that better suits their latest club brands and evolving customer taste. Rainier Developments Limited are proposing to demolish the nightclub and build 152 homes.

Moka was Crawley’s largest state of the art night club. Boasting a capacity of 1,200 across two unique rooms that offered a variety of events and entertainment for every type of clubber.

Refurbished and Re-branded in October 2012, Moka established itself as a force to be reckoned with in West Sussex providing the county with regular celebrity appearances and performances. The venues events wowed Clubbers since it originally opened as the legendary Ikon & Diva back in 1997.

At the heart of this venue was the clubs high-rise main room known as Moka. With two large bars, a vast drinks menu, cocktail bar and 6 VIP Booths to choose from Moka was the perfect venue to celebrate a special occasion. Moka also had a cutting edge sound system and lighting rig centralised over a pine wood dance floor.

The second room was the Vista Lounge - originally a VIP area - is designed to create a more relaxed late night entertainment environment. With subtle lighting and comfortable furnishings and a Champagne bar that met the needs of the more mature customer.

Chris~Explores

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Place is doing the rounds will no be smashed to bits glad to have been 1 of the first since it was opened to see it I give it a couple of weeks now

Who has read this thread (Total: 425) View details