real time web analytics
Report - - More Megatron Reinforcement - Feb 2011 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - More Megatron Reinforcement - Feb 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
Visited by WB & AEM, and many thanks to Muttley for spotting that AMCO had set up camp for more culvert maintenance :thumb

So, not long ago i get a text from muttley mentioning theres lights on inside the entrance to MEGATRON, at our usual entrance.

AMCO had been working on the culvert previously, but they had been working far from the railway station down at Ponds Forge, so this was obviously something new...

Anyway, Muttley couldn't make it so me & AEM wad0red along Porter Brook, stooped and sloshed our way past Radio Sheffield and walked straight past the AMCO compound with its security camera pointing at the Portakabins rather than the boring old river...

Unfortunately the lights put in for the workers were all switched off tonight... I can imagine it looks awesome when they are on though.

IMG_2613.jpg

In the distance we saw light where normally there was no light, obviously there was still power on somewhere...

IMG_2614.jpg

Probably to keep this little sump-pump running to keep the river Sheaf away from the freshly sprayed 'crete

IMG_2612.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2617.jpg

I'm always impressed with AMCO's dam building techniques:

IMG_2602.jpg

It was holding back all this water, which was about welly-deep.

IMG_2604.jpg

We had to leave a little something as we left...

IMG_2609.jpg

Porter Brook itself is stoopy as hell for the last bit just before Megatron itself, but there is some truly ancient culvertry down there!

Porter Brook needs a revisit!

IMG_2621.jpg

Anywho, thanks for looking. :popcorn

WB.