real time web analytics
Report - - Morpeth Police Station, Northumberland - October 2016 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Morpeth Police Station, Northumberland - October 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Morpeth Police Station

2rqhk5t.jpg

After a recent conversation with @stranton in which he said this place wasn't doable I figured it was about time I got round to putting a report up. Both the front and the back doors are open, so I'm not quite sure what makes it "not doable". Ah well. I was staying up in Morpeth for a family weekend away and took the time to check out this and St.George's.
History (at least online) is lacking but I'm sure there'll be some locals who'll know a bit more than I do! The station is certainly not a modern building and has served as the town's police station right up until the 20th of July, 2015. The building contains original cells from when it was first constructed and there are a small number of houses towards the back of the site that were previously police houses. They have since been re-purposed as offices but closed along with the station in 2015.

2cdcyuu.jpg

35jl1dx.jpg

5dlc3a.jpg

2f04oxy.jpg

The garage area behind the station - which I originally thought would provide access to the main building - was about as empty as the houses, and didn't provide access.

2uf8x9g.jpg

2qdn5sx.jpg

js22d2.jpg

zxs282.jpg

As I said before, the back door was left unlocked so all I did was turn the handle and walk straight in. Whilst my first thought was that the wooden boards covering the entirety of the windows would make getting pictures more difficult it actually made it easier, as I could happily turn the lights on without fear of being spotted by anyone in the apartments next door. The station is in pristine condition with no signs of vandalism or graffiti apart from the original scrawlings of past prisoners!

fc93p.jpg

28cqeec.jpg

9i4u1l.jpg

s241hc.jpg

2zptrhh.jpg

124k1kz.jpg

9023vk.jpg

28tfe6e.jpg

a43hhv.jpg

51ehwi.jpg

1433sdl.jpg

And finally a shot of the boiler room beneath.

1j830y.jpg

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Nice one dude. I dont think i have ever been so lucky to just open an unlocked door lol

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Really nice m8ty. And electricity sweet stuff. Bare in mind access changes regular. Not doable one day doesn't mean ain't doable another. Luck also plays part lol. Bloody good stuff and nice pics m8ty.

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one dude. I dont think i have ever been so lucky to just open an unlocked door lol
Cheers man, think this has been the second open door moment I've had, the first was at Alder Hey in Liverpool. Both in fairly decent condition at the time too!

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Really nice m8ty. And electricity sweet stuff. Bare in mind access changes regular. Not doable one day doesn't mean ain't doable another. Luck also plays part lol. Bloody good stuff and nice pics m8ty.
Haha you don't say, heard it's been sealed again now. Cheers mate

Krypton

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You lucky bugger, I've been at this place twice and it's been tighter than a...

Well done mate you have captured it well.

jillytot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great , i live behind the place, and only today had a wonder around with the dog, i was wondering if anyone had been in...

Wappy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i was out this way other day is it still there does anyone know ? i went to the old kyloe childrens home

tez111

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
wappy did you get in kyloe house? we tried the other week nd it was sealed tight

Wappy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
wappy did you get in kyloe house? we tried the other week nd it was sealed tight
yeah we got in fine but it was just getting dark ive put photos on my facebook but they not realy good enough for on here. Someone did ring police and helicopter and lot came but they let us off once they seen what we was doing. We drove most of way down in car and i think thats where we went wrong lol you just have to get in end and walk ya way through inside thats what we did

Who has read this thread (Total: 174) View details