real time web analytics
Report - - Morrilew China, Burslem, June 2009 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Morrilew China, Burslem, June 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
My 30th Pottery factory...:)

This site is comprised of a range of different buildings. The largest of which began it's life as a flour mill.

The square bottle kiln (although I use the term 'bottle' loosley as it does not look much like a bottle) is one of the only two remaining in the whole of the potteries. It is listed, but the whole site is in a real mess. We had to walk over fetted piles of crist knows what to reach the kiln... the rubbish even contained a rotting fish carcass:eek::(

The mill was in a terrible state of repair, and is not much more than a shell where pigeons go to die. The upper floors are not explorable at all.

The china works on the other hand was very well preserved. The office still had the paperwork on the desk, cabinets were still filled with glaze patterns and there was ware and moulds satcked everywhere! It was quite a small affair, and I would assume it was a nice 'homley' place to work.

In the casting shop was a wire across the room with a selection of ladies undergarments hanging from it:eek: I have modeled the raunchiest for your viewing pleasure:thumb

ss10of24.jpg

ss6of24.jpg

ss7of24.jpg

ss8of24.jpg

ss11of24.jpg

ss12of24.jpg

ss13of24.jpg

ss14of24.jpg

ss15of24.jpg

ss16of24.jpg

ss17of24.jpg

ss18of24.jpg