real time web analytics
Information - - Mr Smiths, Warrington - Aftermath | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Mr Smiths, Warrington - Aftermath

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
Been down to Warrington today (Wednesday) to see the aftermath of the fire atMr Smiths, I think it is safe to say that the place is well and truly fucked. I arrived just as they were demolishing the projection room (cinema) there is still a lot of police and fire crews at the sight with several roads still closed.

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk...moves_into_a_second_day_at_historic_building/

IMG_3634.JPG

IMG_3683.JPG

IMG_3654.JPG

IMG_3626.JPG

Attachments

• MrSmiths50.jpg
    MrSmiths50.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 358
  • mr smiths latest 2 (1200 x 1600).jpg
    mr smiths latest 2 (1200 x 1600).jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 285
  • fire_mr_smiths_ipo14415.jpg
    fire_mr_smiths_ipo14415.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:

Pest

Read comics and sleep all day, = no worries
28DL Full Member
I hear its only part of the cinema that's being demolished.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
RIP Mr Smiths :(

Ironic it was saved from demolition only to be demolished ;)

And by arson as well, who'd have thought in this day and age.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I hear its only part of the cinema that's being demolished.

Does it look like it's only part of the cinema being demo ? Try looking at the pictures añd video above of the whole building being flattened. ......shakes head

Sarah W

28DL Member
28DL Member
It has been completely flattened. I went down there to have a look last night as until I saw it with my own eyes I couldn't believe it. If you check out the Warrington Guardian website you will see footage of the demolition. The facade was crumbling. Almost 80 years of riverside weather damage was just too much for the old fella! :(

Here's some pics I took last night, sorry quality is a little crap but it was off my phone camera.
smiths 1.jpg
smiths 2.jpg
smiths 3.jpg

Pest

Read comics and sleep all day, = no worries
28DL Full Member
Does it look like it's only part of the cinema being demo ? Try looking at the pictures añd video above of the whole building being flattened. ......shakes head
Age, Mother Nature; and Vandalism.....all have taken their toll. :(