real time web analytics
Report - - NatWest Bank - Rotherham - April 2023 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - NatWest Bank - Rotherham - April 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
While back in the UK recently to deal with a family matter, I spent some time rummaging through a few places to clear my mind. I suppose the fact I'd rather spend a day on my own in dirty derelict buildings than with people I don't see very often anymore says a lot about my character!

There is not too much information available or much to say about the place really. It was a fairly trashed local branch of NatWest. The safes were pretty nice though and some decent decay too. Thanks to @scrappy for the heads up on this place.

National Westminster Bank was established in 1968. This branch was constructed out of stone in 1913 in an Edwardian classical style. It closed in 2014 with Natwest citing a 12% fall in use due to App, online and telephone banking.

I think this was the main banking floor, sadly no huge grand hall but totally ripped out. On one side you could still see the small "interview rooms" where the computer would no doubt say "YES" or "NO". The main counters etc were all gone. I'm guessing it would have been partitioned off originally with office space at the back.

YlyfJQI.jpg

O2nWQHx.jpg

9DIwN0M.jpg

Heading upstairs there is not really much to see but the nice decay and some mental pigeons

htOQYTw.jpg

GTFIa2k.jpg

TOMfP9Q.jpg

Then the vaults below, there are two or three safe rooms with the big doors and bars etc

CLi7IHf.jpg

L1jOic4.jpg

6fN2MTd.jpg

BaykSG3.jpg

AvgUpq4.jpg

9nUr4Io.jpg

5zgeXyw.jpg

Thanks for looking!​

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
The vault is good to see. I don't think you're alone in preferring time in a dirty derelict, rather than seeing people you've not seen for ages. Personally given the choice of a day out somewhere or a day exploring, I take exploring. I've even arranged a marriage proposal at a derelict, as that was the grooms preferred place :rofl

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
The vault is good to see. I don't think you're alone in preferring time in a dirty derelict, rather than seeing people you've not seen for ages. Personally given the choice of a day out somewhere or a day exploring, I take exploring. I've even arranged a marriage proposal at a derelict, as that was the grooms preferred place :rofl
Thanks Jane - the longer Iā€™m away the less people I have to see when I come back ha!

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Youā€™ve done well with that to be fair. What an absolute shithole of a place. Upstairs will take ten years off your life. Fetid.

Who has read this thread (Total: 173) View details