real time web analytics
Report - - Naylor Jennings ,Yeadon Jan 2014 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Naylor Jennings ,Yeadon Jan 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

seaven

renown for nothing
28DL Full Member
Evening all ,

this place has been done before so I'm not going to drone on and on about it. In shorts its a rather large place with few redeeming features but worthwhile nevertheless
Visited with Voice who I must once again thank for driving me about...again. As always I ended up with LOADS of crap photos so your going to have to put up with my norm.

the entrance is possibly the hardest I've ever seen ( haha ) and on with a quick history ( nicked from V's report)

This mill was built in 1868 on land which was purchased from Rawdon Baptist Church.

A clothier who lived in Little London, Thomas Pratt, was the owner.

Cloth was produced here until 1906 when a terrible fire gutted most of the building. Scribbling and spinning machinery was lost but the weaving shed was not too badly damaged, the cost of the damage was £20,000.

It left 300 workers without a job.

The mill was rebuilt and became a dyehouse for Naylor, Jennings &Co then part of the Vyella Group. The management buy out only got the dye works operational till its final closure in 2010.The site is proposed for redevelopment in july 2013 so we are on borrowed time if you want to explore this place.At present the saving grace is the two mill ponds on site which have become diverse habitat for local wildlife and it is making life a lot more difficult for the developers to get the go ahead to develop the site. If you want anymore info on the mill,its history and archive photos check out the airebourgh historical society web site which has loads of stuff on.

on with the pictures

155_zps4158e47c.jpg

135_zps4ee7271d.jpg

136_zps63907121.jpg

148_zps54a8729e.jpg

149_zpsa212668d.jpg

150_zpsa886f5b6.jpg

145_zps1e605dbc.jpg

144_zpsd615c39b.jpg

147_zps74b9f5f2.jpg

154_zpsc5773a56.jpg

I know these aren't great but thanks for looking anyway