real time web analytics
Question - - New Camera bag, not sure what to get | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - New Camera bag, not sure what to get

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
I'm in need of a new camera bag(preferably rucksack) after obliterating my current one in a drain. I want one where I have easy access to my torch and good storage for my tripod without it dangling of it. My budget is £65. Doe's anyone have any recommendations?

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Often the limitation is the size of the tripod when folded up

Unfortunately it's a Velbon DF40 and is 52cm(20 1/2inches) long when folded. I'll be getting a new one in the summer which should break down to 25-30cm. But the bag has priority atm as it is really fooked

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
There's about two bags that hold tripods well.

Lowepro Photosport, double your budget
Lowepro Offroad, but your Velbon won't fit, because of the leg crossmembers.

I would actually buy a camera bag that fits your camera like a glove, and a decent rucksack, specifically a Highlander / ProForce 25L or 33L. If you can get one in urban colours, they look fantastic.

Telf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I take a standard rucksack, my tripod fits in along with bog roll for the early morning entry's :turd

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
There's about two bags that hold tripods well.

Lowepro Photosport, double your budget
Lowepro Offroad, but your Velbon won't fit, because of the leg crossmembers.

I would actually buy a camera bag that fits your camera like a glove, and a decent rucksack, specifically a Highlander / ProForce 25L or 33L. If you can get one in urban colours, they look fantastic.

Cool, cheers for that. Now I know what to look for. Are they available on your website?

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
No mate, sorry.

I've got an off-road here, but it's blue and second-hand, but VGC. You have to understand with the off-road that the tripod sits at waist height, but it's secured well and you can move it out of the way easily. The tripod can't have cross members on the legs though. I still say this is the best camera bag for exploring. I only changed after wearing two out in 8 years, desperately needing a bag and unable to find it for sale.

Finding a decent bag that can specifically carry a tripod, securely - not the ridiculous afterthought method, is a mission, they just don't exist except for the two I mentioned.

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Cool, I was planning on getting a new tripod so I'll just get one without crossmembers. Cheers

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I just stick a carry strap on my Tripods & chuck it over my shoulder, quicker & easier to throw off in a rush. The Lowepro slingshot range are decent range although they do put a lot of pressure on your right shoulder with the single strap (or it"s just me post op :(

I have the AW100 which is big enough for DSLR with lens & 2 lenses, AW200 + 3 lenses & additional & the AW300 loads of space. Beauty is you can slide them across your chest for easy access and when in London/Bradford etc so your gears where you can see it lol
And has pull out waterproof cover. Loads on Ebay cheap even the copies are supposed to be good :)

sidibear

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have an AW302 for sale if that's any use?
Looking for £60 with a tenner going to the forum but I am open to offers.

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details