real time web analytics
New from Wales | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

New from Wales

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

AnnaDayze

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey everyone,

I've been exploring aimlessly for years, but recently found myself needing an escape from the everyday and have found this love for abandoned houses/farmland/tunnels/ruins etc.

Being relatively new, I don't really know what I'm doing, but the aim is to grow my explore count and share their stories via my Instagram: AnnaDayze_withme.

Thanks 28DL

OutlawExplorer

Aut inveniam viat aut faciam
28DL Full Member
If I were you, I’d avoid houses/farms entirely. There’s a fair bit of debate around this in the wider urbex community, but on 28DL that doesn’t really fly.

If you dig around a bit it’s pretty easy to figure out why, but the simple answer is, if a house is abandoned, it’s likely that the person died/had to leave suddenly i.e. not “abandoned” in the typical use of the word. I can see why you’d enjoy poking around peoples stuff, I know I would, but it’s a pretty shitty thing to do when you really think about it. Just because other people do it, doesn’t mean it should be accepted, and if you do do it, you certainly shouldn’t post it online for people to see.

The other reason is it’s not really interesting to anyone on the site, everyone knows what houses look like, there’s a huge amount of that sort of content on Facebook. The whole point is to find interesting sites and take cool photos.

Anyway, welcome welcome, have a little look around, read all the newbie stuff and don’t go into peoples houses.

AnnaDayze

28DL Member
28DL Member
Why not share your explores on here rather than Insta?
your intro really reads like, I would like you guys to tell me how to do this so I can go & get insta likes!
I've had Instagram for years and it's where I've met some really great people. I treat the platform like my personal scrapbook, its for me. Not for anyone else. I found 28DL a few days ago. Apologies that I don't know much about it or that it even existed, until a few days ago.
Didn't mean to tread on anyone's toes or come across disrespectful, genuinely just wanted to meet new people and learn..

AnnaDayze

28DL Member
28DL Member
If I were you, I’d avoid houses/farms entirely. There’s a fair bit of debate around this in the wider urbex community, but on 28DL that doesn’t really fly.

If you dig around a bit it’s pretty easy to figure out why, but the simple answer is, if a house is abandoned, it’s likely that the person died/had to leave suddenly i.e. not “abandoned” in the typical use of the word. I can see why you’d enjoy poking around peoples stuff, I know I would, but it’s a pretty shitty thing to do when you really think about it. Just because other people do it, doesn’t mean it should be accepted, and if you do do it, you certainly shouldn’t post it online for people to see.

The other reason is it’s not really interesting to anyone on the site, everyone knows what houses look like, there’s a huge amount of that sort of content on Facebook. The whole point is to find interesting sites and take cool photos.

Anyway, welcome welcome, have a little look around, read all the newbie stuff and don’t go into peoples houses.
Thank you for your advice.

I've quickly learnt that I should have spent more time and a lot more effort on my introduction. I'm talking 1700/1800s historical houses, I don't just poke into people's houses and I walk farmlands often with permission (given that they're all around me). I also like cars, churches, wells, rock houses, but it doesn't mean that I'm disrespectful to the property.
I understand why it's of no interest here, and I don't have Facebook so wouldn't know that it was all the trend there.

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

tez111

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

People only do houses to rob from them, no interest in urbex at all, just theft hidden behind civil trespass

OutlawExplorer

Aut inveniam viat aut faciam
28DL Full Member
People only do houses to rob from them, no interest in urbex at all, just theft hidden behind civil trespass
I don’t think so, think it’s just that human inclination to nose about other peoples shit. Just because it’s interesting doesn’t mean it’s right, it’d be interesting to look through someone’s search history, doesn’t mean you should. Even though it would realistically just cause urban exploration to be banned, I’d support a law protecting private dwellings sort of thing.

tez111

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don’t think so, think it’s just that human inclination to nose about other peoples shit. Just because it’s interesting doesn’t mean it’s right, it’d be interesting to look through someone’s search history, doesn’t mean you should. Even though it would realistically just cause urban exploration to be banned, I’d support a law protecting private dwellings sort of thing.
I know this as fact