real time web analytics
New Member from Sheffield | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

New Member from Sheffield

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Featherstone

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey! Been interested in abandoned buildings and photographing them for a little while now and decided to finally make an account here. I'm tryna get more into urbex photography but struggling to find sites in or around Sheffield to explore.

Most places I find have been unfortunately boarded up or now have proper security on site including Hepworth's Refractories that me and a mate visited a couple months ago when it was easy to get to (now completely high security including guard dogs and camera turrets). Other than that I've unfortunately not had much luck but hoping to find some more places to photograph in 2024. Would love any tips or pointers to nice locations in the Sheffield / South Yorkshire area (I understand specific locations cannot be given out though). Interested in really any abandoned locations that are fairly safe and don't have too much security if possible. Looking forward to getting some reports out!

Cheers!

Seffy

Staff member
Welcome to 28DL. :) Often a good way to begin is to just trawl this site using the search button (top right) and click 'Search titles only', then enter the town/city you wish to find places in or near; there's so much on this site you might be surprised... but often just 'place name' and 'urbex' in a Google search will bring fruits. People may be willing to share ideas from their own knowledge and experience here, but don't expect the world as no one knows who you are and therefore might be reluctant to trust you (I'm sure you're sound but obviously no one knows that!)

Featherstone

28DL Member
28DL Member
Welcome to 28DL. :) Often a good way to begin is to just trawl this site using the search button (top right) and click 'Search titles only', then enter the town/city you wish to find places in or near; there's so much on this site you might be surprised... but often just 'place name' and 'urbex' in a Google search will bring fruits. People may be willing to share ideas from their own knowledge and experience here, but don't expect the world as no one knows who you are and therefore might be reluctant to trust you (I'm sure you're sound but obviously no one knows that!)

Fair enough! Thanks for the warm welcome! Will have to take a look round Sheffield and see what places are accessible still. I'll keep my eye out and keep having a look through posts to see what shows up. Looking forward to interacting with the community more and posting some reports from past and future explores

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Welcome Featherstone! Sheff ain't what it used to be sadly. Access to the big 3 (Canon, GBs and the former courts) comes and goes. Occasionally new things pop up. The increase in Secca at Hepworth's is a weird one as the whole place is completely thrashed.

chills

Queller of the uprising
Hey! Been interested in abandoned buildings and photographing them for a little while now and decided to finally make an account here. I'm tryna get more into urbex photography but struggling to find sites in or around Sheffield to explore.

Most places I find have been unfortunately boarded up or now have proper security on site including Hepworth's Refractories that me and a mate visited a couple months ago when it was easy to get to (now completely high security including guard dogs and camera turrets). Other than that I've unfortunately not had much luck but hoping to find some more places to photograph in 2024. Would love any tips or pointers to nice locations in the Sheffield / South Yorkshire area (I understand specific locations cannot be given out though). Interested in really any abandoned locations that are fairly safe and don't have too much security if possible. Looking forward to getting some reports out!

Cheers!

Welcome to the site!

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report should you wish to:

There’s tonnes out there, use the search box as Seffy said to your aid and you may even find something in your area!

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reports soon! Just shout if you have any questions! ✌🏻

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome to the forum. You knows there a 28 in sheff in a few weeks get down, it’s a good chance to meet fellow explorers. George Barnsleys is still a winner.

Parky

The Devil Is in the Details
Regular User
Haha, nice to see other people from Sheffield! Plenty of places to do around Sheffield! As host said, there is a 28dl meet up in about a month in Sheffield, which is a great opportunity to meet some people and make some friends! I will most likely be there too, so come say hi! Other than that, welcome aboard!

Chris Clarke

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome to the forum. You knows there a 28 in sheff in a few weeks get down, it’s a good chance to meet fellow explorers. George Barnsleys is still a winner.
Was still open about 2 months ago so worth a visit, floor bored's are getting very bad upstairs though.
honestly lads Sheffield is full of abandoned places and YouTube is full of videos.
if you try Stanley tools stay out of the factory side (That's the part closest to the road) it is now an active airsoft site again. as far as i know the office side is still unused.