real time web analytics
Newbie Essex/Suffolk border | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Newbie Essex/Suffolk border

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Theisman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Greetings all, newbie to this urban exploration, been interested for a while but since the eldest has wanted to take some photos of "abandoned buildings" for her uni project have taken to it a lot more.

First ever explore was at Rivenhall airbase a few years ago, but over this festive period have taken the opportunity to visit some other well known places like Hamilton Lodge, RAF Thorpe Abbots and Gisleham Pipe and Brickworks.

Think I have enough decent pictures of my own to make a couple of reports, or at least add some pictures to existing reports.

Also is there any interest in reports on abandoned farm buildings etc ? Have found a local one to me, an old poultry and pig farm which has long since been left to ruin, and enjoyed a good hour having a look around and taking pictures but not sure if would pique any interest on here.

Looking forward to more adventures in the new year as both myself and the OH are enjoying this new experience of exploring immensely

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Welcome to the forum, it looks like you have covered a few decent places already. Rivenhall is a classic in Essex and the Gisleham Pipeworks is an excellent little place. The guideline for the number of pics in a report according to the Survival Guide is 5-15 so I reckon you have enough pics for some reports (I am guilty of going way over 15 though haha).

To be honest, farm buildings and residential stuff (houses) won't pique much interest around here and probably wouldn't be approved, but most of the others you have mentioned are definitely report-worthy. Have fun!