real time web analytics
Report - - Nocton Hall Geriatric Nursing Wing, Lincolnshire, October 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Nocton Hall Geriatric Nursing Wing, Lincolnshire, October 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

BlitzSpirit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
While the main victorian building was gutted by fire in '04, the two story geriatric nursing wing survived in tact but it's been extensively vandalised and destroyed. It's always an interesting walk through as it's used on and off by the homeless so there's almost something new and usually odd to see here.

21854147124_36558a4e55_b03a16.jpg

22450908986_4c7f64706d_be94e3.jpg

21855812363_f8426eaa42_baf22e.jpg

22289112700_1c32a688fe_badbb5.jpg

22477106655_9a495c1c06_bfccf6.jpg

21856018893_a12f9cdc27_b92855.jpg

22289557738_ebd00ddfb9_b086a6.jpg

22290510319_8870cc10f1_b3e9b0.jpg

BlitzSpirit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well stop looking at my posts then xD
Honestly, utilising a process to get a single image that is closer to the tonal range we see with our eyes has been used since celluloid negatives existed. Photos look like photos, I'd rather spend a little extra time making my images look like what I actually see with my eyes when i'm there rather than what I see on the screen of my camera...
I know I go overboard with the saturation in a few shoots but damn, this one is subtle and partly done out of necessity. It was shot on a fairly bright day from within a dark building, it was get a decent exposure of the room and blow out the highlights or get a decent exposure of those and lose the rest of the image to the shadows.

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
Nice little room.
I like the images and I had always thought maybe photos look like photos and the eyes see differently, and you have just confirmed that.
Its one of the rules on here.... to not over process.....and so thus keep them looking like photos. Definitely worth keeping in mind, cos rules is the rules and you'll get gunned down

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well stop looking at my posts then xD
Honestly, utilising a process to get a single image that is closer to the tonal range we see with our eyes has been used since celluloid negatives existed. Photos look like photos, I'd rather spend a little extra time making my images look like what I actually see with my eyes when i'm there rather than what I see on the screen of my camera...
I know I go overboard with the saturation in a few shoots but damn, this one is subtle and partly done out of necessity. It was shot on a fairly bright day from within a dark building, it was get a decent exposure of the room and blow out the highlights or get a decent exposure of those and lose the rest of the image to the shadows.

The thing about this site (as you should know from your self confessed years of lurking) is that people don't like looking at images that are this highly saturated, they don't look realistic at all. People would rather see something that looks like what they actually see with their eyes.

People are going to leave comments about how they don't like your photo processing, it's the way things are here, so you are going to have to be prepared for that.

BlitzSpirit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm fully prepared for it. I've only been on here a couple days so I've not processed any images specifically for the purpose of posting them on here yet. I already said I'd be dialing back the processing, people repeating them selves (without a hint of any kind of creative criticism) just come across as trying to bait me into an argument