real time web analytics
North Wales explore. | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

North Wales explore.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Daz31

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi.

Anyone got any for ideas a good explore in North Wales, booked a last minute day off tomorrow and fancy exploring but cant decide where to head, possibly thinking of a couple of old quarrys or Denbigh asylum,
Prevously been around the well troden Camelot and a few local sites near Ellesmere port.

Also up for doing some sites with other explorers if anyone fancies it.

Cheers Daz

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Head for Llanberis - then you've got two sure fire explores - Llanberis bomb store and the mighty Dinorwic slate quarry.

Report - - Llanberis Bomb Store, North Wales, April 2023 | Military Sites

Sorted!

Last edited:

Puke13

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You'll find loads in Angelsea but the state of some older well known locations isn't to good.

Daz31

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for all the replies everyone, ended up going to Dinorwic quarry and the casle in the same town.
Also had a drive past Denbigh asylum but it was a hive of activity now with a contractors compound attached so assuming works are being carried out.
My last stop was at Kinmel hall which id love to have a snoop round looks amazing, considering it was meant to have been bought in 2019 to be renivated really doesn't look like anything has been done, didnt try and get in the grounds as was on my bike and security (a young scally sat in a van) was at the front entrance.

20240126_124458.jpg

20240126_125036.jpg

20240126_124500.jpg

20240126_124456.jpg

philsarz22

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thanks daz for ur input where about where you around Ellesmere port I'm looking at places to head to myself new to the exploration scene

Daz31

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks daz for ur input where about where you around Ellesmere port I'm looking at places to head to myself new to the exploration scene
Hi Phil.
Great Sutton, assuming your from the Port yourself, you got any places on mind.

Daz31

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We're looking at the old bowaters site down by the docks. Yer from the port mate didn't even realize so much on doorstep
Ye loads around, depends what your interested in, have you researched Hooton Hall that was originally where Vauxhalls is now, looked an amazing place, Hooton WW1 hangers museum has loads of pictures and interesting info they are open to public last sunday of every month well worth a visit.