real time web analytics
Report - - North Western Storm Relief, London - 2013 - 2014. | UK Draining Forum | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - North Western Storm Relief, London - 2013 - 2014.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The_Raw

Staff member
I'm scared of going down these in all honesty so thanks for doing such a top job reporting on it so I don't need to :thumb

ExpoLight

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cracking report and pictures. Just I would feel like the shit would hit the fan if I got lost in there. I like the architechural quality of something which was made to last, they are quite unique when you think they were built in the Victorian era. I supose if you are not careful you could get caught up with the flow as you stated in your report. Thanks for sharing the images

siologen

I Go Where The Drains Are
Regular User
The Pumping Station chamber in Serpents is fucking awesome, but its luck of the draw to get a day when its not waist deep in the nastiest detritus you'll find under London. Keep at it!

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Cheers mate I've been twice in Serpents now and no luck with end chamber underneath the PS, I'll sit on my pics until the day comes, but hell it's neck deep ATM and anyone who thinks the regular stuff is grim then this is beyond explaining :D

JayTee

28DL Member
28DL Member
I often stop by to check the pics on this forum but I had to register to show my appreciation for these photos, its great to see high quality photos of Sir Bazalgettes masterpiece like this. Really nice work and great photos.

siologen

I Go Where The Drains Are
Regular User
The Serps Pump Chamber seems to be similar to the huge Waterfall at the d/s end of Rubix... 9/10 times both are inaccessible, but as i with Zero finding lower Rubix drained and empty the first two times he explored it, i was lucky enough to visit Serps when the chamber and its approach tunnel were only knee deep. Never had any luck with Rubix tho, been full to the ceiling all 5 times i visited. In the case of Rubix, it drains to a deeplevel tunnel that connects the d/s end of Rubix to the deep tanks off the side of the Ranelagh n KSP sewers. We once got into it, but being new, it had no easylifts n we had to block off a street in West London to get the lid open. Otter n JD werent interested in traversing it given the disruption to traffic and the fact its concrete... i was interested in it as its the only sewer tunnel in London that crosses beneath the Thames.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Them reverse waterfalls are something quite unique, the one in Rubix looks a lot bigger pitch than the one in the NWSR end chamber (judging by otters pics), it looks like that fills quite a fair bit but equally is drained more frequently than the South Western Storm Relief