Web
Analytics
Report - - Number 1 Westminster Bridge DEMO | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Number 1 Westminster Bridge DEMO

T

TheFunk

Re: Number 1 Westminster Bridge - Demolition

Todays action from the top of a 211 bus. I've been working out of town these past few days but normal service will now resume.

What's left still looks very do-able to me...

west.jpg

T

TheFunk

Yeah they should have raised cabs like port cranes.

This morning...

west-3.jpg

T

TheFunk

This demolition is becoming rather addictive! Watched for over an hour this morning as the nibbler worked its way along pipework on the roof. Then pulled a metal tank from the roof.

IMG_4008_1.jpg

The first of the pipes come down:
IMG_4018_2.jpg

A water or air conditioning tank is revealed:
IMG_4051_3.jpg

and is soon on the edge of the abyss:
IMG_4063_4.jpg

The jaws of the nibbler struggled to get hold of the tank but once they got a got a grip it soon collapsed and was dragged off the roof.

Watch the vid (which photobucket has compressed the arse off) Sorry for camera shake but Spielberg I aint ;)

IMG_4076_5.jpg

M

Martay

Re: Number 1 Westminster Bridge - Demolition - ONGOING REPORT

My own view of Westminster Bridge demolition - taken from the London Eye on Friday:
OWBridgedemo.jpg

OWBridgedemo1.jpg

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Re: Number 1 Westminster Bridge - Demolition - ONGOING REPORT

BTW this site is completely flat as of last month. There was a digger sat on a pile of rubble and that was it.