real time web analytics
Report - - Nun Appleton Priory Appleton York August 2019 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Nun Appleton Priory Appleton York August 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MarkusCP87

Undiscovered locations in the UK
28DL Full Member
Recently seen an article about this priory which i didn't even know existed so just had to find this place myself. The Priory has apparently been left for nearly 30 years and nothing seems to have been done with the place. Not much inside the building itself but as far as architecture goes its amazing. Staircase, Lift and The Outside of the building was beautiful, also its the first bathroom i have came across that i found photo worthy. Such a beautiful building, i honestly cant really express how much i loved this place.
Bit of history on the place.
Nun Appleton Priory was a priory near Appleton Roebuck, North Yorkshire, England. It was founded as a nunnery c. 1150, by Eustace de Merch and his wife. It was dissolved by 1539, when the nuns were receiving pensions.
Subsequently Nun Appleton was the West Riding of Yorkshire country estate of the Fairfax family.

Esoteric Eric

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The floor in that top corridor looks the same as it did in 2017 so maybe its legit. The whole place looks exactly the same to be fair!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Wow. That place is amazing. And yup, looks like the metal faeries have been in.

Given where it is, as in where it is situated in the estate it'd be very unlikely metal thieves could even drive up to it without being collared - the pipework was probably taken out during whatever works they were doing but then stopped.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Given where it is, as in where it is situated in the estate it'd be very unlikely metal thieves could even drive up to it without being collared - the pipework was probably taken out during whatever works they were doing but then stopped.

Ah. Fair point. Guess in this game whenever you see lines of floorboards up you automatically assume the worst!

Rosary_Boy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
wont be long before its ripped apart for metal pisses me off got gangs of Romanians and bulgaians in Birmingham doing it everywhere

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
wont be long before its ripped apart for metal pisses me off got gangs of Romanians and bulgaians in Birmingham doing it everywhere

Its in the middle of a country estate with an occupied property right next to it, the chances of anyone being able to drive up and start ripping stuff out without being caught is pretty unlikely.

Who has read this thread (Total: 447) View details