real time web analytics
Report - - Nunns Mills Power Station - Northampton - Feb 2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Nunns Mills Power Station - Northampton - Feb 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Nelly

Fat Fucker!!!
28DL Full Member
Went on a little road trip to Northampton today with Skeleton Key and Tstranger1066, on the way up the motorway we picked up Msaunder1972.

After an Laurel and Hardy trip (which involved me going the wrong way around the roundabout on which the Nottingham Lift Tower lives) we arrived.

Second stop was Nunns Mills Power Station

The Info Bit!!!!

Nunn Mills power station is an old disused and gutted power station in Northampton, the River Nene runs along its northern boundary whilst an infrequently used rail freight line, together with disused tracks and siding marks the southern boundary of the site.

For more than 10 years, graffiti artists have met at a warren of abandoned factory buildings behind the town's old power station, most of these have now been demolished.

Capture.jpg

SSL27937.jpg

SSL27940.jpg

SSL27939.jpg

I had been given the heads up about the CCTV and the tannoy system, but that still didn't prepare me for when it went off!!

After a brief crackle, the automated words "Priority Seven" were endlessly repeated over the tannoy system, then a very angry sec came across the tannoy, and the conversation went like this

Tannoy "Oi you three"

SK "There are four of us"

Tannoy "Oh, OK, you four!","this is private property and you are trespassing, is you don't leave immediately then the police will be called"

The whole time the "Priority Seven" announcement continued for effect.

We were laughing our socks off as we made our way out.

The Graffiti

SAM_1496.jpg

SAM_1498.jpg

SAM_1499.jpg

SAM_1501.jpg

SAM_1503.jpg

Thanks for taking the time

:)

Last edited:

De'Ranged Productions

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
In the main wall over to the right as you stood at the back used to be a hole in the wall ... i have a few shots i took using a mag light attached to the camera and poked through it. Its gone now as the new Uni build is being completed on the site. i have more images i took which include some of the rail lines though the power station grounds and some sections of the old line which ran to it.

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
It sucks nobody ever got in the rest... old robot voice used to shout at you every bloody time!

De'Ranged Productions

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went with a colleague both dressed in hi-vis at noon so while we were stared at we were never challenged. (i have differing hi-vis for different occasions). I have a nice photo set i will upload when i get a chance as i have some of the old rail tracks and what was left of the shelters out the back. When we were there i was amazed at the amount of tent camps that had been set up out the back. I wonder where the hundred or so people have gone since its been redeveloped. I would really have loved to get right inside but could not fit through the hole in the wall, i did try but to darn fat!!

Last edited by a moderator: