real time web analytics
Report - - Oakwell Brickworks, Ilkeston, Hoffmann Kiln | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Oakwell Brickworks, Ilkeston, Hoffmann Kiln

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tigger

mog
Regular User
The brickworks dates from the mid 1800's but most of the remains there date to the early 1900s. There are a few bits and pieces to see but the remains aren't easy to interpret (though there is what appears to be a medium sized down draught kiln close to the Hoffmann. This was just a brief stop to have a gander at the Hoffmann kiln rather than anything else that might be left. Though there are a few Hoffmanns around the country this one had the added interest of some of it's original roof....or so I hoped. Turned out to be in a far worse state than I'd imagined. Around 10-15 years ago the site was given some TLC and new fencing to keep the drug adicts in. Now the fence is in a poor state and the addicts paraphinalia is spread all around.

The 'better' side
1.jpg

2.jpg

Not so good side with a coule of the cells completely collapsed
3.jpg

Detail of brickwork above collapse
4.jpg

Fuelling floor with remains of roof
5.jpg

Roof detail
6.jpg

Mr Sam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Literally over the road and through the hedge from where my Mrs lives but I've never actually bothered finding a way through the fence as it looked a bit sketchy!

robmcc83

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
They use to have raves in here many years ago.
I lived 2 mins from this place in my youth lol.

Who has read this thread (Total: 160) View details