real time web analytics
Report - - Octel Bromine Works – Amlwch – July 2023 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Octel Bromine Works – Amlwch – July 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
Visited at the beginning of July as I was in the area and it seemed like a shame not to have a wander about for a few hours, as the weather was nice.

Having looked at the reports of this over the years, it is a shame just how trashed the place is now but is worth a butchers if you happen to be in the area.

Some of the buildings are so smashed up and decayed that the rooms are quite unrecognisable from the photos I have looked at in earlier reports of the place.

I found a good website about Octel Bromine, which tells the history of the company, explains the process of extracting bromine from the sea water and has historical photos from the site and its workers.

The pics I took were just phone snaps and are not in any particular order but hopefully I’ve captured the best of what remains of this rather desolate place.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

h.jpg

i.jpg

j.jpg

k.jpg

l.jpg

m.jpg

n.jpg

n1.jpg

n2.jpg

n3.jpg

n4.jpg

n5.jpg

n6.jpg

n22.jpg

o.jpg

p.jpg

q.jpg

r.jpg

r1.jpg

s.jpg

t.jpg

u.jpg

v.jpg

Continued..........

Last edited:

mw0sec

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Had a laugh there. Had entered via the cliff scramble and was about to leave when a couple of women and a dog appeared. Clearly they had a more convenient access, so I approached them to ask where it was. It took a while to catch them to ask, as they clearly thought I was some sort of official! Ended up with a nice chat and a convenient loose railing...

Webbs0710

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cracking report there! This place surprised me when I did it, I wasn't expecting to find as much as I did, it's definitely still worth a mooch! Did you find the little office full of instruction manuals and a load of other documents? And were you deafened by the insane amount of seagulls? 😂

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
Cheers. Despite the destruction, it was still a good site to wander around in.
I found a room with loads of computer software manuals and discs from the 1990s with names I'd long forgotten about.
The noisy seagulls didn't like me entering their domain and I was very nearly shat on! :lol