real time web analytics
Report - - Oilite Bearings Factory - Ipswich - March 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Oilite Bearings Factory - Ipswich - March 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbexD

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Tried to pop this up in the Newbies report section but I am not Newbie enough anymore it seems.

This is my first mooch about, saw a few previous reports on the site, and it was nice and local, and seemed a gentle introduction to the 'Explore'.. It also didn't seem to have been covered in the last 6 months or so. So roll on a lovely sunny day, a mate and I rocked up to Ipswich to check it out. *Edit* So like clumsy ninjas we found our way in, first to scope without gear, then a second time with the cameras. In the first building we were like scared rabbits, any sound make us freeze to work out what it was. (Invariably it was one or the other of us stepping on something..). By the end we felt like pro's, bold as brass wandering round marvelling at what the old girl had to offer.*Edit*

I don't believe the site needs any introduction.. However looking over older reports, it is definitely suffering badly. It was a relaxed Explore, took our time, I am new to the whole photography lark so it was a bit of play and practice time. So I apologise if my pics aren't up to scratch. We covered the whole site I believe, with no interference, and the sun even stayed out for us.

#1# - Obligatory Foliage over sign shot.

IMG_3837.jpg

#2# - I blame the parents.

IMG_3836.jpg

#3#

IMG_3458.jpg

#4#

IMG_3466.jpg

#5#

IMG_3494.jpg

#6#

IMG_3516.jpg

#7#

IMG_3519.jpg

#8#

IMG_3521.jpg

#9# - Shadow of the past.

IMG_3553.jpg

#10# - Timeless.

IMG_3554.jpg

#11#

IMG_3592.jpg

#12#

IMG_3599.jpg

#13#

IMG_3671.jpg

#14#

IMG_3637.jpg

#15#

IMG_3784.jpg

#16#

IMG_3795.jpg

#17#

IMG_3796.jpg

#18#

IMG_3620.jpg

#19# - Peering in.

IMG_3768.jpg

#20# - "Leave only footsteps."

IMG_3626.jpg

Hoping this is an acceptable first attempt.. I took about 400+ pics, narrowing them down is a hard one. :eek::

Last edited:

Tukassassin

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yo can you tell me where this place is I'm planning going but it doesn't tell you where it is and I read in an earlier post that it said someone lived in there at one point so is anyone living in there currently? If you could answer a.s.a.p that was be fantastic

flametailedfox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yo can you tell me where this place is I'm planning going but it doesn't tell you where it is and I read in an earlier post that it said someone lived in there at one point so is anyone living in there currently? If you could answer a.s.a.p that was be fantastic

It's mostly demolished. What is left (one of the former offices) was burnt - either way this was a no-go building due to previous fire damage and a community of hostile drug users. One of the workshops which contained the laboratory partly stands... Read the article below:

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/b...-road-ipswich-caused-by-trespassers-1-4997373