real time web analytics
Report - - oilite bearings ipswich feb 2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - oilite bearings ipswich feb 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jasoneastanglia

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went back to this place again as last went here 3 years ago,it was fairly trashed then and surprisingly hasnt changed much...

f9e9c8a2.jpg

112a519c.jpg

As can be seen the metal theives have been hard at work stripping all wiring out as well as the electric thingys(transformers??)
51bbf318.jpg

lots of these yellow boxes about as well as blue honda boxes
5f602cde.jpg

Anyone else going on a wet day or when dark beware there is a lot of manholes missing and they can be deep
4b4e7e80.jpg

This floor cleaner is still here which has been in the same place for 4 years or so
fea8599a.jpg

And the pc tables are still in the same place
17994a34.jpg

A weird cooing sound is heard in this warehouse bit(I know it was pidgeons but on the far wall it said "haunted" in big letters on the wall
d2b211d8.jpg

local skateboards/bmx have made a track in this warehouse
159f9a25.jpg

A bit of art
716d159f.jpg

This was full of metal heating things last time i looked.
beb45841.jpg

and how trashed a few places are
ddd9e843.jpg

d7b30e63.jpg

db3a8f32.jpg

Got my hopes up as saw a exhaust pipe on this building(I collect stationary engines so was hoping I had found the generator room.but the room was empty inside and very trashed
0e9600bf.jpg

The powder room is relatively untouched
30a677a0.jpg

A few of the outbuildings are also untouched
74cf9187.jpg

15e650c2.jpg

spotted these full drums in 1 room very surprised they are still here.
3f725508.jpg

In this room is still the same but mainly as its overlooked by the industrial site next door.
96a6077b.jpg

but beware the hook is still there hanging by a thread so watch your head in here.
799636f1.jpg

Had a look round the outside of here but no way in as all open doors and windows are now boarded up
e5a71802.jpg

which is the back part of "warners"
1e5b9b8c.jpg

so at this point I had been here for about 2 hours so getting hungry headed back out but stopped to look in the office bit and came across someone living there..Watch the needles here but the homeless bloke was ok(proberbly as I looked a bit official in hi rez coat and clipboard)I gave him a choccy bar i had in my pocket and left him to it..
ba44f7b8.jpg

watch them needles in here as well.nice 70s decor.Didnt go in here as well as the floor isnt safe and ceiling is falling down in places.
eec95250.jpg

on my way out noticed geest place next door is now well boarded up.
85c7406e.jpg

except for 1 window where metal theives have removed the radiators which were neatly stacked .
3adfe5ae.jpg

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details