real time web analytics
Report - - Old Blyth Police Station, Solicitors and Magistrates Court Blyth Northumberland April 2021 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Old Blyth Police Station, Solicitors and Magistrates Court Blyth Northumberland April 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MarkusCP87

Undiscovered locations in the UK
28DL Full Member
After having this place pinned and finally seeing that there was access of another explorer who calms to want to 'protect' it, I decided to have a look.
Access was a pain and thankfully to my partner having eagle eyes we ventured inside.
I spend a good couple of hours in here, taking it all in , there was a lot to see, the main courtroom and cells were the best part, also some lovely stained glass windows.
I noticed near the cells there was a motion sensor which I triggered last minute, so decided it was time to leave.
A building like this is clearly maintained, as I heard there was workers in stripping the place during the week.
A lovely explore to start of post lockdown.

History of the place

The building of 1896, by county architect John Cresswell, has come to the end of its life as a police station. Described by Pevsner, in his monumental "Buildings of England" series in the 1950s, as probably the best building in Blyth. It is in red brick, Italianate Gothic style with lots of carved detail and marble columns. It incorporates a magistrates’ court and Sergeant's flat which were decommissioned some time ago.

Original plans were for the building to be turned into flats but has now changed to be converted into offices.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Very nice. That building is very attractive architecturally. The cells & offices bonus. Good report. :thumb

tez111

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You missed out the part about you being sneaky and sly on my fb to get the location, and that you took louis fake asf dee who would swap his granny for a location, hope you enjoyed the playstation

MarkusCP87

Undiscovered locations in the UK
28DL Full Member
You missed out the part about you being sneaky and sly on my fb to get the location, and that you took louis fake asf dee who would swap his granny for a location, hope you enjoyed the playstation
Wasn't too hard to find mate, then again you are an amateur, you stick with your bad YouTube and your phone pics, don't bother replying as I'm now putting you on ignore as you really are boring me, find yourself a job and stop crying over locations, t'ra

tez111

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wasn't too hard to find mate, then again you are an amateur, you stick with your bad YouTube and your phone pics, don't bother replying as I'm now putting you on ignore as you really are boring me, find yourself a job and stop crying over locations, t'ra
Haha I've got the msgs where you ask me to swap locations for this one haha, I have a job and very little time to explore like some, for someone who thinks he knows more you missed the stone carvings, the wooden carvings and the secret tunnel, maybe you had other things on your mind like getting that PlayStation in your bag haha

tez111

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Anyone looking to do this place it now has a security guard inside, new cameras and builders back to work during the day aswell, if its location hadn't been splashed about all over fb a lot more people could of had the chance to go in here shame

Who has read this thread (Total: 221) View details