real time web analytics
Report - - Old Lane Mill, Halifax - 15-7-10 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Old Lane Mill, Halifax - 15-7-10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

cardiffrail

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Old Lane Mill is a derelict former textile mill in Halifax, located just up the valley from the renovated Dean Clough mills. Only one mill building remains at the the site, the remainder having been demolished some years ago. According the the results of a brief googling, the mill suffered a serious fire in the early 1900s,but the building survived due to its construction - the floors are constructed off iron girders with brick arches between, instead of being of wooden construction.

A stone outbuilding and a derelict pub located off Old Lane are also present, however I did not check them out as the heavens opened and I was getting soaked through - more importantly I'm not sure how waterproof my camera is.

I was also able to take a look at a few rail tunnels in the Halifax area. Unfortunately there is not much to report:

Old Lane Tunnel - Locked eastern end, western end not accessible
Lea Bank Tunnel - Bricked up north end, south end buried
Wheatley Tunnel - Locked western end, eastern end buried
Well Heads Tunnel - Locked southern end, northern end buried
Denholme (south) - Bricked up southern end, northern end lies within the sawmill boundary.

Anyway, on with the photos

Img_0168.jpg

Img_0171.jpg

Img_0173.jpg

Img_0176.jpg

Img_0178.jpg

Img_0179.jpg

Img_0180.jpg

Img_0181.jpg

Img_0184.jpg

Img_0185.jpg

Img_0186.jpg