real time web analytics
Video Report - - Omformarstation by drone - Sweden 2015 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video Report - Omformarstation by drone - Sweden 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

htiawe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi all

Earlier this year i ventured out to one of Swedens old "omformarstationer" or "upplagsplats" as this one is really called. They were built during the 1950s and were suppose to supply the railway grid with power if the country was attacked and the electricity grid was knocked out.

Most of theese look alike, often situated in a mountain with a huge gate filled with rocks that would let hot air out and still shield it from explosions. Fun fact is that this front gate supposedly had hinges that allowed it to sway quite a bit if there was an explosion just outside it.

I filmed it with a drone to try this whole drone thing out and it came out okay. There is already threads with pictures from inside so il hold off posting those. I have planned to go back and film it again with some new angles but the weather keeps acting up.

Anyways, i just thought it could be cool. The structure is huge, it spans the height of the mountain which is about 180 meters high.