real time web analytics
General - - On & Around Oterburn Ranges, Northumberland | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - On & Around Oterburn Ranges, Northumberland

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
On what amounts to a big ol' grouse moor in geographical regards, said land's longstanding MOD jurisdiction and regular use as a live ammo training ground coupled with its relative isolation mean there are a few little gems amongst the rough to be found in this neck of the woods.
Two specemins we came across whilst driving around Northumberland listening to Holst's Planets Suite and Aphex Twin back in November were a nicely intact Chieftan Tank and a lovely blast-from-the-70s farmhouse. No English Electric Lightning carcasses seem to be left unforunately, the pipe dream of seeing that Suede album cover in the flesh didn't materialise.

img-3259.jpeg

img-3260_orig.jpg

img-3272_orig.jpg

img-3273_orig.jpg

dsc00555.jpeg

img-3091.jpeg

img-3073.jpeg

img-3100.jpeg

picture1.jpeg

img-3117.jpeg

img-3126.jpeg

img-3121.jpeg

Idle Hands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Somewhere up there is a whole cluster of tanks and military vehicles but I'm not sure I could easily pinpoint them again. It's a nice chilled out wander when the red flags aren't flying if you can find them. You need to be careful mind - first time I tried I crested a hill and came face to face with some kind of rocket launcher ready to fire. We were hastily moved on by a squaddie...

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
Hi Pesky
Few reasons for this;
Mainly - as we came out of the house we met a farmer, who said a load of people explicitly from 28 had been roughing the place up and smashing windows recently. Was a bit jarring and felt guilty calling it what it's actually called on here.
Also we did them both in the same day, the experience was kind rolled in to one for me.
If the misleadingness is rude others I'll happily scrap the house photos and memos

peskyroamer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Pesky
Few reasons for this;
Mainly - as we came out of the house we met a farmer, who said a load of people explicitly from 28 had been roughing the place up and smashing windows recently. Was a bit jarring and felt guilty calling it what it's actually called on here.
Also we did them both in the same day, the experience was kind rolled in to one for me.
If the misleadingness is rude others I'll happily scrap the house photos and memos
slightly misleading but im not here to tell you what to post mate